Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a Spec clutch setup in an '03 SVT focus including a new slave cyl provided with the clutch from Spec.I have NO pedal resistance,I have bled it like brakes,let if "bled with the bleed screw cracked for several minutes,used a handheld vacuum pump to try and pull fluid/air out,even sealed the master cyl resivoir and pulled a vacuum on it as well,no dice It's almost like the clutch isn't there and YES I have made sure the rsivoir has plenty of fluid each time.I really need some educated /experienced suggestions here THANKS guys!

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
when i replaced my master cylinder on the clutch. i bled the brakes and then the clutch. all the same reservoir. try bleeding brakes and then clutch. it only takes a little bit of air in the system to mess it up

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
I have bled several of them and can tell you they are a bear... I have just taken to leaving the bleeder open on the slave, getting fluid in the line and pumping the crap out of the peddle. I have run a qt of fluid thru them before, then got bubbles. Pain in the butt...So, do it some more :)

Also, make sure the pedal cylinder isn't leaking. Look for fluid on floor of car just to be sure...its rare but they do go

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had to do mine when I replaced the clutch master cylinder and it really was a slog. I pressure bled it and brakes together, but then ended up having my son help finish by manually bleeding the clutch. About a hundred up downs of the pedal later and it worked fine. I've heard that if you vacuum bleed it, hook up a vacuum line and reservoir to the fitting, it is easier; but I haven't tried it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts