Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i got my 2012 focus i got the extended service plan and the maintenance plan. What all does the maintenance plan cover? I know its like oil changes and tire rotations but what else do they do at every 5000 mile check up? Also, i got my car at a dealership 30 min away but there is a Ford dealer across the street from my house. Will my plan cover me there or do i have to go to the dealer i bought the car from?

Sorry, first time i ever bought a brand new car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The plan on mine is good at any Ford dealer, as long as they're certified. I also called the number on their website to confirm. Who handles your warranty plan?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mine is through cella ford of newbern nc. It was like 700 and it covers lube, oil, filters, and tire rotations up to 45000 miles every 5k. so thats 9 total

·
Registered
519 Posts
mine is through cella ford of newbern nc. It was like 700 and it covers lube, oil, filters, and tire rotations up to 45000 miles every 5k. so thats 9 total
Ouch, that's like $76 for an oil change/tire rotation 9 times and a $20 air filter. All assuming you would have done them every 5k to begin with instead of waiting for the car to let you know. Hopefully, it wasn't one of those 3 years or 45k miles contracts, or you may not even see 9 oil changes. At least you won't have to worry about paying for those in the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i was thinking it was high. I mean an oil change/tire rotation i wouldnt think is maybe like 55ish tops. They said they top off all fluids and like a 27 point inspection. Is this even worth it?? Anyone else get this?

·
Registered
472 Posts
ya i was thinking it was high. I mean an oil change/tire rotation i wouldnt think is maybe like 55ish tops. They said they top off all fluids and like a 27 point inspection. Is this even worth it?? Anyone else get this?
I thought about it but I won't be getting it. I can rotate my own tires, change my own oil and top off my own fluids for a LOT cheaper than that.

·
Registered
362 Posts
What all does the maintenance plan cover?
I mean this politely, but why would you agree to this plan to ask us later? That's obnoxious! I understand many people on forums can't do much of their own work, but $30 for oil change at a dealer every 5k is pretty easy math.
Ouch, that's like $76 for an oil change/tire rotation 9 times and a $20 air filter. All assuming you would have done them every 5k to begin with instead of waiting for the car to let you know. Hopefully, it wasn't one of those 3 years or 45k miles contracts, or you may not even see 9 oil changes. At least you won't have to worry about paying for those in the foreseeable future.
Dead on. No one ever makes out on this deal.

I thought about it but I won't be getting it. I can rotate my own tires, change my own oil and top off my own fluids for a LOT cheaper than that.
Seriously! I have a garage that I do my own work and they said why not let them do it and save money! LMFAO! Told them that it would take longer for me to dirty up my one knee to set up the lift than to spend time from my day to have those crooks do the job. Yes, they hate me at that dealer... [wiggle]

·
Registered
472 Posts
Seriously! I have a garage that I do my own work and they said why not let them do it and save money! LMFAO! Told them that it would take longer for me to dirty up my one knee to set up the lift than to spend time from my day to have those crooks do the job. Yes, they hate me at that dealer... [wiggle]
LOL! first thing I did when I bought my house was put in an 7.5 HP 80gal stand up air compressor. Don't have a lift but both my current cars have subframe connectors, matrix brace and jacking rails. I can put the thing on 4 jackstands almost as quick as you can get your lift going :)

Other good thing is that the dealer I am picking it up from won't bother trying to sell me shyt I don't want because he will not be the dealer that services the car. That dealer is in Texas so all in all I am not going to have to put up with sales crap :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
You know the works costs $30-40 and includes everything you will need.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well at the time i was just excited about buying the car lol, and i figured the 27 point inspection would be somewhat important being as how i wouldnt know what kind of problems to look for. also its my first new car and i just wanted to get everything offered like the esp, maintenance plan, gap insurance...i know u can cancel a extended service plan after u get it, but can u cancel a maintenance plan if u havent used it yet??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just read more about it...it also covers these items:
Spark plugs (except in California)
Shock absorbers
Clutch disc
Engine belts and hoses
Brake pads and linings
Wiper blades
...its been a few months thats why i forgot what was covered. found this on the website. So does this make it a decent deal now?

·
Registered
362 Posts
No, unfortunately it won't. None of those "should" go bad in that time frame.

·
Registered
362 Posts
LOL! first thing I did when I bought my house was put in an 7.5 HP 80gal stand up air compressor. Don't have a lift but both my current cars have subframe connectors, matrix brace and jacking rails. I can put the thing on 4 jackstands almost as quick as you can get your lift going :)
Maybe on your mustangs, but not on all cars. [giddy] But seriously, smart mods! You on SVT? Just sold my 03 Redfire cobra in February.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Maybe on your mustangs, but not on all cars. [giddy] But seriously, smart mods! You on SVT? Just sold my 03 Redfire cobra in February.
LOL true that. and if by SVT you mean SVTP yeah I am over there. it is my value entertainment LOL! hard to make the transition from smackdown there to the kinder gentler FF. NOT complaining, just an observation. kind of a nice change *heh*

does the focus gain much from subframe connectors or no. I haven't done much looking into the suspensions on these cars yet.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thought I recognized ya! Don't get there as much as I used to now sadly...

Don't know, but don't do much with the Foci. Good question though!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thought I recognized ya! Don't get there as much as I used to now sadly...

Don't know, but don't do much with the Foci. Good question though!
well I will dig around and see if it's answered somewhere. I don't plan to do a whole lot with the focus. I do already have the Ford performance exhaust, and am going to get an aftermarket wing. am hoping to have those installed before I get pack to pick up the car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts