Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd post that it's available after a couple of us on the forum emailed them and asked when they would have it.

Bob at magnetbras.com has been very helpful with questions and quick to make them available!

Just finished ordering mine and I expect that pictures will follow as soon as we get them from us that have ordered already.

http://www.magnetbra.com

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They say on their site it's paintable.

I dont have personal experiance but a co-worker of mine has it on his 2010 Civic SI. He couldnt be happier and when I looked at it the finish underneath is perfect. Its not marred or scuffed like the fabric/vinyl type bras. Fits like a glove too.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
254 Posts
They say on their site it's paintable.

I dont have personal experiance but a co-worker of mine has it on his 2010 Civic SI. He couldnt be happier and when I looked at it the finish underneath is perfect. Its not marred or scuffed like the fabric/vinyl type bras. Fits like a glove too.
Posted via FF Mobile
Thanks for the info. From what I found on google some people complained that it needed to be replaced after a few years due to wear but any bra with heavy use is going to wear. For $50+ shipping though it seems pretty good.

·
Registered
781 Posts
it is paintable and i wouldn't want one on my car if it didn't match. maybe the black one would look ok with my sterling grey but not the white.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so what's the purpose of this? to prevent rock chips and such? looks like a reasonable price...
Yes, for rock chips and such. For $60 I couldnt say no. When I look at my last car I bought new, all little chips and 2 right to the metal happened in the first 4" of the hood.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Banned
571 Posts
I ordered one today.

Magnetbra to me
show details 14:50 (5 hours ago)
Thank you for your order from Magnetbra.com. Your bra will go out tomorrow and should take 7 to 10 days to arrive. A few tips for installing it:

Wax the hood before you install the bra.

The bra and car should be perfectly clean.

Check under the bra for water after a car wash or heavy rain and dry it if necessary. Other than that all the maintenance required is to wipe under the bra with a damp cloth every month or so.

Complete instructions are included with the bra. Please email if you have questions. Thanks again.

Bob Lefevre

·
Registered
182 Posts
I ordered one today.

Magnetbra to me
show details 14:50 (5 hours ago)
Thank you for your order from Magnetbra.com. Your bra will go out tomorrow and should take 7 to 10 days to arrive. A few tips for installing it:

Wax the hood before you install the bra.

The bra and car should be perfectly clean.

Check under the bra for water after a car wash or heavy rain and dry it if necessary. Other than that all the maintenance required is to wipe under the bra with a damp cloth every month or so.

Complete instructions are included with the bra. Please email if you have questions. Thanks again.

Bob Lefevre
Did you get it Fred? I'm curious to see how you like it?

·
Banned
571 Posts
Lol, my real name isn't Fred but no, I haven't received it yet? Did anyone else get their order? I was charged for it the day I ordered it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
That looks really good! Amazed at the fit...did you have to alter it any to meet the hood lines or is it perfectly sized?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts