Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which system should i go with, and which one do you guys like more?? and i would like to see a picture of the Magnaflow system installed of just the tip coming out of the back. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
magnaflow... great look/sound ... i have it and love it... not whiney at all. no picture but it comes out of the back about an inch...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anybody know the power gains with the flowmaster system (#17343) by any chance. iwould really like to know.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
^^ actually, thermal r&d gained 7hp to the wheels. had it on my zx3 (my AUTOTRAGIC zx3, at that). gotta say that they are pretty right on with that reading.

·
Registered
688 Posts
scironzts said:
^^ actually, thermal r&d gained 7hp to the wheels. had it on my zx3 (my AUTOTRAGIC zx3, at that). gotta say that they are pretty right on with that reading.
OK, but did you have it dyno tuned with jus the exhaust, if you had it dyno tuned, or did you get that number off planetperformance.com? jw

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
?? u cant dyno tune exhaust. and 7whp from catback is a joke. flowmaster is only 2" piping which is a whopping eighth of an inch over stock. get magnaflow or borla

·
Registered
688 Posts
well i ment jus a dyno tune with the aftermarket exhaust on...no other mods,.i asked him that cuz yes it is a joke, if u get 7whp out of a exhaust, UR LUCKY, if you got that off the net that it brings 7whp..dont believe it...sum of the shyt of the net u read is a joke and it is made for u to buy it, ive seen sum places say a universal muffler will give u 20 more h.p..haha bull shyt!!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
several of the aftermarket exhausts for the focus out there offer between 3 and 7hp. both thermal and vibrant offer 7hp gains. on "that other site" (FJ), there's been several dyno readings of different exhausts tested, everything from pacesetter to borla, bosal to thermal. do some reading.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i will let my uncle look at the dyno sheet for the magnaflow system do that he can tell me what he thinks about it. thanks yall

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
yeah catback doesnt show a ton of gains... exhaust will when its complete, but not with factory exhaust mani, cat, and flex in place. u really arent freeing up a whole lot of flow with it. but every little bit helps. with a header, cat, flex, and catback in place u can see up to 8-12 whp... with race header flex catback 10-14 and those are generous #s

·
Registered
688 Posts
and it also depends on ur cam adjustment if u get new cam gears, cuz u should after u finish the whole exhaust to make sure u get the right exhaust flow and whp

·
Registered
17 Posts
so basically if you want a great sounding exhaust that's reasonable and not embarrassing when you touch the gas definately get the magnaflow. if you want a louder exhaust that probably hums 24/7 at whatever speed your going go for the flowmaster (probably sounds more like a v8, too).

i've got absolutely no complaints about my magnaflow that i got on ebay for 240

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
flowmaster has never been known to offer superior performance over other brands, they're more so reputable for their sound. Many people that do get the flowmaster whine that it is too loud. And if you add on a different header/cat later, it'll make it even more annoyably louder. Also, flowmaster isn't stainless steel, it's aluminum, which will rust. You want 2.25 diamster exhaust, no more, no less. You'd only want more if you went huge power, all motor or forced induction... magnaflow, borla, thermal, mbrp, all good brands. i'm running a 2.25 steel borla xs pro.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I highly reccommend Magnaflow. I finally got my whole exhaust finished and it sounds schweeeet!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I have a picture of what it looks like on my car but I gotta find it first.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts