Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out exhausts for my svt 5-door and found that the magnaflow was considerably cheaper then the borla i have been drooling over for quite some time now. does anyone have one of these exhauts or a link that would show the performance of each to make my decision easier.

·
Registered
215 Posts
True, it comes down to u get what u pay for, i like the way magna flow sounds though

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Yes OrangeSVT, its very obvious that you are bored, by reading all your senseless post we can all tell that.

Borla is my choice, I like the warranty and you cant beat the quality. Magnaflow would be my second choice, if I could not afford the Borla. Both happen to be great exhaust systems, either one to me would be good on a SVTF. I have Borla, and I will tell you that I'm very happy with the sound and have not had any problems. My sister has Magnaflow on her ZX3, and it sounds good, good quality and a great price.

The gains with either exhaust system are not very high, but its a exhaust system, I'm sure that you know not to expect much.

Helpful hint, there happen to be a lot of past threads about this topic, you can do a search of the SVTF Forum and get some information there if you like. [;)]

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
if you are planning on building a strip or track car w/a fair amount of power or you like the better sound and have the extra cash, Borla definaltey, there is NO better

secondly id say MBRP, then Magnho

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Magnaflow is good but Borla is the best sounding and is pretty much the best choice for the car

·
Registered
43 Posts
Go with the Borla, you can't beat the warranty. also, the exhaust clamps that the borla uses are different than the magnaflow, which uses old U-clamps that have been known to leak. one of my friends has magnaflow and his exhaust sounds like one big leak.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Stock exhaust sounds good enough for me I just need a lil more tone and definition but nethier of those exhausts do what i want (guess thats just cause its a 4 banger)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im with SHORTY, personally i don't like the sound of the magnaflow. I think the borla sounds more throaty. only my opinion... You can get sound clips online, i'll try to find some and post them.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I seen someone on here posted in a thread that the Borla sounds like the Bosal. I've heard a Bosal and I don't like it. But that's my own personal taste.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I had a Borla on my last foucs (2000 SE). On my new SVT i got the magnaflow. I didn't have to pay for either , so the money factor was not there. And to tell you the truth i like the magnaflow better. [thumb]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts