Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for a new exhaust.... right now, the only performance mod on the car is a MAC shorty intake...... i was told by a bunch of people that the magnaflow system has the best performance and sound for the price.... with that being said, should i go with the Tru-Benz exhaust with the magnaflow muffler??? Or should i just get the actual Magnaflow system. Im only 17 and im looking for good opinons!!! everyone here seems to know what their doing, so all advice is more than welcome!!! Thanks a bunch

- Jared

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
well it just depends on what you are planning on doing in the future. If you plan on going supercharged or turbocharged in the future then you are going to need something bigger than the magnaflow 2 1/4" if not the regular magnaflow will be fine.You can get the magnaflow a little cheaper and it is stainless steel. The trubendz is about 50$ more for stainless steel.

·
Registered
115 Posts
as saleen said it depands on wether you choose to go force indution, or all motor, i baught the magnaflow because i was going to go all motor, but i spent alot more, i would say go true bendz, cheaper...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking about adding a Vortech Supercharger in the future, but its not certain... would having a 2.5 inch tru bendz kit affect the engine that much before i put the Vortech on? Im still a newbie when it comes to exhausts..... does the diameter of the pipe just relieve more back pressure?? or would having a 2.5 inch kit on my N/A engine really kill it??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright..... but would getting the 2.5 now while i dont have the supercharger have any negative affects on engine performance???

·
Registered
400 Posts
Here is a thought.IF you are really,realistically, going to do the supercharger, then the 2.5 will do.As far as any side effects during the time you do not have the S/C on how the car will perform with the 2.5???.... I dont know man....I am not a mechanic, but compression is always something to consider when talking about exhaust.I decided that with today's market and how fast people change vehicles, I would mod my focus, but in a realistic way.So I decided the all motor approach.CAI,CATBACK, and now coming real soon, race header and flex pipe.I have the 2 1/4 Maganaflow and been very happy with it. Hope this info helps.[thumb] [thumb]

·
Registered
281 Posts
Don't hate on the guy. Just like a million people like recommending the magnaflow he likes to recommend the HKS.........every chance that he gets. [?|] lol.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks alot everyone!! i really appreciate the input!! i think im gonna go with the 2 1/4 magnaflow... it seems like everyone gives it great reviews..... thanks again!!

- Jared

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a custom 2 1/2 exaust on my car and it works great i also have the fc down pipe and a pacesetter header so that might help too but mine works really good but i live in cali and i am constantly getting fix it tickets its really loud but i just have a universal mufffler so that doesent quiet it down to much

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need exhaust help

I'm not too new into the focus community but i jus bought5 an 04 zx3 and i planning on having it be an all motor car, not s/c or t/c and i need help finding a site that sells a dual exhaust system for it. ive been lookin for a while and i've been gettin a migraine trying to find something. [?|]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts