1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
That's a lot of money. It doesn't say whether it fits the hatch or sedan or both. There is a few inches of difference between the two.

Anyone know how much louder is this compared to stock?
I got a fix it ticket for a Magnaflow once. I honestly think the officer was just being a prick...well he was definiately being a prick, but that's for the extended story. I was pulled over a couple days prior to this for speeding, much older officer (probably close to retirement at the time) and he said not a word about the exhaust.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If you navigate through the "hear it" menu listed on tope of the Magnaflow web page, a video demonstrating the new exaust's sound.

The video shows a hatchback sporting the exhaust, but good point ... the sedan is 6.9" longer than the HB!

I'm still waiting for someone to post a sound file for the Ford Racing CatBack.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
141 Posts
I got a fix it ticket for a Magnaflow once. I honestly think the officer was just being a prick...well he was definiately being a prick, but that's for the extended story. I was pulled over a couple days prior to this for speeding, much older officer (probably close to retirement at the time) and he said not a word about the exhaust.
Sounds about right

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Sounds about right
Yeah, you know. I see signs on the thruway at some of the tolls that says the db limit is like 90 or 92 db (somewhere around there). I asked the officer what the limit is and his response was, "Whatever I say it is". He was behind me in the TimHo's drive thru so I made sure to take it extra easy pulling out and he still made it a point to pull me over. Unnecessary. He also told me old people live in the area he pulled me over...where's there's 0% housing.

I ended up (that day) cutting the muffler off and just had a standard muffler welded on to the Magnaflow pipe.

·
Registered
636 Posts
There are many things I'd rather do with that much cash, say replace the mountain bike I've outgrown. Heck for that kind of dough you could buy an ipad and still have money leftover to buy your kids an Xbox! (if you have them, I for one don't) I have no doubt its made well and probably sounds killer, and I know SOMEONE here is going to buy it but that person wont be me. Also knowing that my girlfriends uncle has an expensive welding machine, I'll likely just make a setup myself and keep the other $500 in my bank account.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts