Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new OBX 4-2-1 header in the box but now my family moved to Texas so now my car has to be inspected. So i have been looking around for the svt conversion and really looks like a tough find nowadays so i have considered just a shorty header from CFM to keep the catalytic converter and stay legal. My question is the "High flow Magna flow exhaust : that CFM sales is not on Magna flows web site is this a legit high flow cat or a regular stock one. I am not looking to get crazy power gains from the headers because they will be getting Installed with a brand new JRSC BBK so it will just help with exhaust flow. I am curious if anybody has purchased this cat or headers and whats your opinions of both and i know SVT headers are the best but finding them is tough and i need a back up plan! Thanks again everybody for your input![ffrocks]

Catalytic converter
http://focus.c-f-m.com/highflowcatpipe.aspx

Headers i was looking at
http://focus.c-f-m.com/maczetec158inchdirectreplacementheaderfor00-04focuszetecexcsvt.aspx

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
well, call junkyards, they will have the FULL SVT kits available. the shorty header doesn't do jack

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
You can no longer buy the SVT header with the EGR bung installed but that does not mean you can't get one and then have a shop put one in. That is what I have done. That way you get the performance (which teh SVT exhaust header has still been shown to be on the of best headers) and keep the EGR for inspections.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I actually just installed that cat and to be honest I noticed power gains. It's not a great deal of power but there is defiantly a gain over the stock cat.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
i would get the SVT header and cat

too bad you live in SA...cause here in Lubbock..you dont have get your emmisions checked.

what they will do in an inspection
check all lights
windshield wipers
horn
maybe hoses/fluids
BRAKES (got to stop in 25 ft?)
parking break (got to hold the car while in gear)
might check tint.
visual inspection of exhust system
check emmisions (big cities)

go here and see whats on it
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/inspection/item_insp.asp

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Curious if that catalytic converter was any different than the stock gman 12 because if you look on Magna flows web site they do not have a high flow cat for the focus. Was it larger than the stock cat?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Just use a MIL eliminator to turn the check engine light off. I've been passing for years. I even pass with a tune now. Most places don't even know what a focus is supposed to look like, that and I go to small places to get inspected. They just want the money as long as it passes they don't care.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Curious if that catalytic converter was any different than the stock gman 12 because if you look on Magna flows web site they do not have a high flow cat for the focus. Was it larger than the stock cat?
I'd say it was about the same size as the factory cat, but it was a lot lighter. When I was in the process of buying mine, I took the part number from CFM and put it in on Magnaflow.com and did some research that way.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd say it was about the same size as the factory cat, but it was a lot lighter. When I was in the process of buying mine, I took the part number from CFM and put it in on Magnaflow.com and did some research that way.
I just did that and it says it duplicates the original specification. So that tells me that its not a High flow cat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts