1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
it's too quiet for my taste.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've heard the resonated version & it's not too bad soundin...but w/o a res it sounds like crap!!
That's just my opionion though. It def reminded me of a honda. I have the mbrp and have gotten many compliments by the ricer world and the muscle car guys!

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
I have it and I love it. I bought it through Steeda and after installing it myself, I was very impressed. I still have my stock cat on so its still fairly quiet. I drove a 5.0L mustang for a while with glass packs, and I must say that the magna is a very nice sounding exhaust. I have heard it with race headers on it and it does sound very ricey. With the catback on you will notice a popping noise (basically all of the gas igniting in the cat) after acclerating or during deceleration. I also have had people applaud the exhaust that drive v-8s and from other 4 cyl cars. Overall I am pretty happy with it, but if you want to stray away from an exhaust that gets ricey in the higher RPMs then get a Borla or FocusSport Stealth.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Swear by it the sound is nowhere near whiney and the flow is smooth

·
Registered
341 Posts
love my magnaflow

·
Registered
170 Posts
MAGNAFLOW;Not only does it sound GOOD,but it fits well and increases power.Don't listen to all the crap about "rice".What the hell does that mean anyway?Some people just don't get it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I just got my magnaflow today from jegs.com

Ordered on the 13th, and it came today...the 15th

Not bad, considering I did ground shipping.

Anyways, I'm just waiting for some help putting it on.
my bolts are severly rusted lol

·
Registered
304 Posts
My magnaflow is good, but it was too loud. I got a couple of noise violations, so I cut in a Dynomax muffler and now the car is almost as quiet as stock, but the exhaust flows really well. I could have added a resonater, but the dynomax muffler was about 1/3 the cost of the magnaflow resonater.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
i have magnaflow and i love it!!! it is the resonated version. it provides just enough sound. and doesnt drown me out on the highway at all. what will an ORP sound like with a resonated system?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I had one. If you add a race header it's gonna sound very raspy. Or should I say ricey.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
i will say that before i put the header on the sound of the magnaflow was amazing. very deep and not very loud. now with the header it screams like a rally car, but does tend to get raspy in the upper rpms.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
breakaway said:
MAGNAFLOW;Not only does it sound GOOD,but it fits well and increases power.Don't listen to all the crap about "rice".What the hell does that mean anyway?Some people just don't get it.
Agreed. Magnaflow is awesome. [woot]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts