Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of putting a Magnaflow cat back on my 2013 Titanium, 2.0L. Does anybody have some comments on doing this, good or bad? Also I've tried finding some sound bites on the net, found one but the audio was crappy, anybody know where I could find a good sound bite?

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Magna flow has a few clips on their YouTube page

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I found a few good videos. But it's surprising that Magnaflow, who sell tons of stuff, have crappy videos, or at least for the Focus.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Duratec TiVCT performance section.

LOTS of exh. threads to be found here for your model.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Can't go wrong w/ Magnaflow. Your foci looks great btw.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks guys. I found a few good videos. But it's surprising that Magnaflow, who sell tons of stuff, have crappy videos, or at least for the Focus.
Exhaust videos don't really give you a true sound, most the time they sound better in person. A lot of them are also just revving which is going to sound different than if your actually driving around. Magnaflow makes quality parts and I have used them for vehicles where I don't want an aggressive loud sound, but rather a smoother mellow exhaust. I have one one my Silverado right now and it gave it a nice mellow tone.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I had the magnaflow catback on my 2013 focus and loved it but to try something different on my 2014 focus I bought the FSwerks Stealth catback and hated it to the point that I took it off my car. If I decide to keep my current focus I'll be buying another magnaflow catback

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
I'd look into Mike's custom exhaust at RDC. It's priced about the same as magnaflow and the sound is awesome. You also get dual exhaust exit with Mike's while the magnaflow is single side exit.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
The magnaflow is very quiet compared to everything else out on the market right now.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I had the magnaflow catback on my 2013 focus and loved it but to try something different on my 2014 focus I bought the FSwerks Stealth catback and hated it to the point that I took it off my car. If I decide to keep my current focus I'll be buying another magnaflow catback
Add a header & you'll be installing that stealth.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the fswerks stealth with just the k&n drop in filter sounds amazing Idk why raf_s197 didn't like it. I had mine installed by a local shop (ed hanson muffler) here in so-cal, to have it welded in place and to leave the cat in to pass smog

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I have the fswerks stealth with just the k&n drop in filter sounds amazing Idk why raf_s197 didn't like it. I had mine installed by a local shop (ed hanson muffler) here in so-cal, to have it welded in place and to leave the cat in to pass smog
Could be he's not use to aftermarket exhaust systems.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Perhaps. The stealth for me is perfect. Noise when you want it (foot to the floor or performance driving) quite and no drone when cruising

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Perhaps. The stealth for me is perfect. Noise when you want it (foot to the floor or performance driving) quite and no drone when cruising
Me too. I use the stealth w/ my Borla exhaust.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Next is cai and tune from Tom. Just waiting for oem tires to wear out to put on my 18" from a '13 fusion ti the dark gray multi spoke

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Those 2 items will help.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Could be he's not use to aftermarket exhaust systems.
lol I've owned 650 horsepower mustangs where you had to cover your ears when I drove by.
Imo the FSwerks was too load and annoying. It was the stealth and the sound of the exhaust was what I would expect from the race exhaust..... I don't want to know how loud and ricey the race version sounds

I'm used to aftermarket exhaust lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EmEmfuQoOhg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dfV8Ux9DEyM

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was debating on getting the fswerks stealth but after watching many videos I decided against it for the reason stated above. I do a lot of highway driving and I think it would be too much which is why I was thinking about the magnaflow or the stock st with a magnaflow resonator. Of course people always think I have an ST just because the color...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts