Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an interesting problem here, lookin for a little help. I have a 2004 2.3 ZX3. Yay. Now I just today received my Magnaflow catback and put it together in the garage just to check it out because big momma is out of town for a few days with my car. The packing slip that came with the magnaflow said it was for a 2.3...the instructions that came with it say "2004 2.0 ZX3" Hmm... Could it be that the instructions are generic and they come with all the exhaust systems, weather it's for a 2.0 or a 2.3? Or did they screw up and send me a system for an older 2.0 engine? Is there any way to tell which one I have by looking at it? Anyone have pics of their system hung up or anything? Help help help.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is retarded...I been trying to get you a pic...however, my dumb digi cam on its lowest setting and smallest pic size is still larger then the message board will alow me to send =(

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehe yeah thats what I have...however I also have an old catback for a 2.0 (long story) and it looks very similiar except for the muffler size. I dunno man. Im stumped

·
Registered
847 Posts
Use paint or something and size the pic down...

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Looks like the 2.3 exhaust to me. For the 2.3, the muffler is circular. For the 2.0, its oval, like this:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I noticed on the Magnaflow website that the 2.0 was oval and the 2.3 was round. Mines round. But the bends look pretty much the same. It's probably fine tho, right?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
yea thas a 2.3 exhaust on the 2.0 the pipe that connects the flex pipe and connects to the muffler is longer on the 2.0.look at the 2 pics

·
Registered
271 Posts
i have the 2.0 magnaflow exhaust on my 2.3l focus and the tip is oval. the oval tip is just another tip they made for a design its uglier anyway. the 2.0l exhaust fit my car perfectly they just cut my old piping and welded my new piping right to the second cat. so that 2.3l magnaflow system they made is not cat back if you wanna weld it just get the 2.0 its fine[thumb]

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I thought it was different because the oval muffler of the 2.0l was too close to the gas tank, and wasn't a good fit.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Called Magnaflow about the exhaust question we've been discussing...said the easiest way to tell if it's a system for a 2.3 or a 2.0 is the 2.3 pipes connect by slipping into eachother, and the muffler is round. On the the 2.0 system there are flanges, and the muffler is oval. So, there ya go. Thank again guys.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
.... Don't know where this came from I was commenting in another thread and it posted it here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts