Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, someone had told me that he drilled the openings of his MAFS to increase performance, is this even possible?

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have no clue what he was talking about, he said he drilled the inside the pins of the MAFS sensor to enlarge the connection pins. I just wanted to see if anybody has ever even heard of this LOL, it's on a 97' Cougar V8

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I think he is blowing smoke.

If he honestly believes that let him know I am selling a bridge for CHEAP!!

Only 6,000 for this beauty...

Paypal or cash only..

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
^^^lolz....

and no, you cannot drill the MAFS. not on this car. maybe on an older car, but it wouldnt have been the sensor itself he drilled, but maybe the opening plate....which would have resulted in unmetered air coming in, as the gate would be letting more air go in than what the sensor is registering. some older ones were their own unit, kinda like a TB. the sensor worked based on how wide the plate inside was opening, instead of a set volume of air. they often had only one 'reading' sensor, which was for air temp. he probly has that type of setup. and it would have made the car run worse, unless he had tuned/chipped it to that setting.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
on my brother's ranger it has a secondary hole that the air that the MAF sensor saw went through...i'd imagine he's talking about drilling that out and i'd also image this would present a massive LEAN situation...

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah that would make more sense, because from what he explained I didn't get it.. lol

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
so all in all, not a good idea

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, don't get me wrong, I wasn't going to try it or anything, I just wanted to know if someone has heard about this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts