Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have an 03 svt and i have a procharger kit going on it sometime next week hopefully and was wondering if i absolutely need the mafia? not a big deal if i do but just want to make sure so i dont buy something i dont need

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm right near the end of my procharger install, from everything I've read, you'll either need a mafia or a 3" maf pipe if you're staying at the 10lb boost or less.
If you're going over 10lbs, you may need a mafia and a 3" maf tube.
For the record, I went with a mafia.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
ok i have an 03 svt and i have a procharger kit going on it sometime next week hopefully and was wondering if i absolutely need the mafia? not a big deal if i do but just want to make sure so i dont buy something i dont need

I would ask who is going to tune your car. I had the MAFia on my car with the Procharger before I sold it. The only reason I didn't sell of with the kit is because I'm going to continue to use it when I go turbo.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Whether you have a 3" MAF or not, or your 5, 10, 20lbs boosted, you need a MAFia. The voltage on your stock maf will not hold up with the extra air flow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Whether you have a 3" MAF or not, or your 5, 10, 20lbs boosted, you need a MAFia. The voltage on your stock maf will not hold up with the extra air flow.
According to Tom you can go with a 3" tube without a mafia if you're around 10lbs (or 200hp)...however, since you have an SVT you may need a mafia and a 3" tube. You'll be around 250 with the procharger on the svt.
If I'm mistaken, I hope Tom will correct me.

·
Registered
891 Posts
i have the roush kit and the IAT is take away from the maf and moved closer to the TB, but the rest of the maf is in the normal location. i do plan in the future to change the pipeing.

will i need the mafia if i run high boost too?
with the IAT relocation will it affect the mafia?
is it safe to run high boost with the IAT relocated?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts