Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of either a high flow panel filter for my stock snorkel/air box..or
just putting a high flow cone filter on the end of the MAF.

-Which would you suggest and why?

-If I go with the cone filter on the MAF..what size inlet opening should i go with..2.75"..or 3"..?

Any Pics?

Thanks.

·
Registered
897 Posts
were you planning on putting it directly before the MAF? the rule of thumb i've gone with and hearing it on here too is to have 6" of straight pipe before and after the MAF. This allows the MAF to correctly read the air flow

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
were you planning on putting it directly after the MAF? the rule of thumb i've gone with and hearing it on here too is to have 6" of straight pipe before and after the MAF. This allows the MAF to correctly read the air flow
I've never really heard that but I suppose it could be true. I have heard that in some applications, having the MAF right after the filter is best for accurate readings. I've been running this setup for a long time with no ill effects.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

SVT_BMXer ..nice engine bay!

I went with a K&N panel filter and removed the resonator..not as cool sounding
as the Volant, but just fine for a daily.

Next..I will invest in a full exhaust.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
796 Posts
i ran the stock intake tube with just a cone filter and all it did was make a cool sound when you hit the gas. it was all gone with the addition of my exhaust though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts