Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 SVT focus all stock that I’m preparing to sell. I going over the car and fixing any little issues two issues I have are codes P0133 and P0420. I know I replaced the front 02 on the car less than 9 months ago. Reading the P0133 description one is the MAF. I decided to take my predator and do a little data logging to see if there is anything odd.
So my data log shows no MAF voltage, IAT is fine, to make sure my MAF wasn’t bad I switched out the MAF with an extra one I have, same thing. To make sure my data logger is working I logged another SVT and works fine there, and also I used an SCT tuner and that came up the same. Lastly I pulled out the multimeter and checked the MAF signal wire, I see voltage and it changes with engine speed, I also checked the other SVT and both read the same.

So do I have an issue with no maf voltage, do I trust the multimeter of the data log. And is there is an issue what is it a bad harness.

I did check the wires at the MAF and they look fine.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want to give me a call this evening I can take over you laptop and help you find the issue

Tom
Thanks Tom. However the car is out for a few days on loan should have it back this weekend. Maybe we can do it then? Anything specific I need set up on the laptop for you to be able to do this.

Also as more information the SCT wasn’t reading any MAF counts.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Any Updates? would love to hear the outcome. Also when using the laptop, which are the relevant oxygen sensor values to look at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts