Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.
First post so wish me luck...!

I have a european Focus 2004 Zetec SE 1.4L MK1.5 (facelift).

I would like to know if my car has a MAF sensor. According to Ford's manual it should be like this :

But my engine looks like this :

And not like the Zetec photo in this thread which is similar to the first diagram
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337457

So does anyone know if there is a MAF sensor somewhere else? Or does it have a T-MAP sensor instead?

The reason i am trying to find it is because i am having rough idle problems and bad acceleration/throttle response.
To elaborate on the acceleration problem :
Sometimes, mostly when climbing hills, i have no acceleration response, no matter how much i push the gas pedal. In order to regain control, i lift my foot of the gas pedal and hit it again. Then it feels like responding again. But not quite as good as it used to...

I have replaced the IAC valve and also installed a new clutch set already...
I also checked multiple times for vacuum leaks. Found a broken pipe once and replaced it.

I am trying to figure out the problem myself because both solutions proposed by the engineers, did not address any of my problems.

So i am thinking of checking the MAF or MAP sensor and the TP sensor also.

Thanks in advance!
:D

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Yours is MAP based.
And it's not your problem.

You'll want to look into the EGR related stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response!
I don't think mine has got an EGR valve, but i am not sure either..!
:S

Is there something i could check by myself?
Are you sure it's not worth checking the MAP and TP sensors?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, i never had anything like that.
I had a maintanance service 2 months ago. No problem on the scan tool or anything else obvious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today was cold, and so i turned on the heater for the first time this season.
I noticed that, the idle issue got a little bit worse, so did the hesitation when accelerating.

Any new ideas...?

p.s. I know i am shooting stars here, but i can't go on paying money for nothing, so i'd rather wait for someone thousand miles away to suggest anything.. I am really pissed at the service dealers....
:|

1 - 7 of 7 Posts