Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MAF Screws And AEM CAI

(Not sure where this belongs but move as needed)

I installed a K&N SRI a few months ago and am now looking at a AEM CAI but I have a few questions/problems.

1. When I was installing the SRI. I was tightening down the screws on the MAF and being the ******* that I am I over tightened one of the screws and it's poor head popped off. At the time I said [:)][:)][:)][:)] it It'll do for now but now I need to figure out what to replace it with and how the [:)][:)][:)][:)] am I going to get the MAF out of the SRI

2. I sort of understand the risks of going with a CAI but have a few questions... I've been told the Bypass Valve won't work on our car (no where to put it and only works if completly submerged) so obviously that's out but how much protection is an outerwear from CFM and a plexiglass splash shield going to do for me? Is that going to be enough to make it Ohio safe?

Thanks Guys,
Derek

·
Registered
511 Posts
Bump for answer on number 1. What screws does the MAF housing use???

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
T15 security torx.

The bypas valve does work, but you would have to chop up your brand new intake, most people put it close to where the stock airbox would go. it is usually straight in that area

1 - 3 of 3 Posts