Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know i maf sensor is programed to match the size of the injectors but is the size of the injectors also in the tune? my supercharger came with 30# injectors and im putting 42's on it, is the maf the only thing i have to change to match the new injectors.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If he has a new MAF calibrated for the injectors,whay does the tune have to change?I never had to do that on my Mustang and I changed from 19# to 30# to 42# without ever having to change my tune.(I did match MAF meters/injectors though)

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it seems like a good question, im still not sure of what im going to have to do. ive pretty much got the same answer from everyone ive asked one person says i have to change the tune also, and the other says i didnt when i changed mine. lol, its happened a few times.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
breakaway said:
If he has a new MAF calibrated for the injectors,whay does the tune have to change?I never had to do that on my Mustang and I changed from 19# to 30# to 42# without ever having to change my tune.(I did match MAF meters/injectors though)
Because the Mass Transfer Function in the tune needs to be changed or dialed in for the new calibration. I am surprised you didn't have problems with the car running correctly if you didn't have it tuned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts