Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what i understand, Is it true that with my stock maf sensor in a maf housing that is the same percentage larger in volume as the injectors flow rate over stock that this would be the rule of thumb for choosing injectors and building a maf tube? then would I need to get a mafia for fine tuning?

·
FF Affiliate
30,963 Posts
The larger the MAF tube the more range the MAF has smaller tube you will use up the range of the MAF sooner but both only have a 0 to 5 Volt range

A 3 inch tube with the stock Focus MAF electronics and the MAFia works better then anything i have tested , the lightning MAF is way to big and you loose some good driveability controle (resolution)

You will still need tuning

Tom

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the largest injectors i could use with the stock maf housing with a mafia and custom tune? and how much power is possible with that set up? i only want run 7 psi intercooled untill i can build the internals of the motor.

can i use say:

30lbs injectors
stock maf + mafia
and a xcal 2 to flash a tune.

would i be safe to run 7psi?

also who is doing the best tuning these days for a basic turbo kit?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so no matter what boost i run i should start with a 3" tube and 42lbs injectors. and a mafia.
I live in new brunswick , canada. does anyone know of a tune near here that can tune a focus properly for boost?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump.

any help would be great. there is a dyno about an hour from me but they don't have the program to tune a focus. but i may buy the sniper when tom finishes working with it and dyno tune it myself.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have 55lb injectors on the stock MAF. I Pegg it to 4.7 top of third. Before I up the boost again, I'll need a MAFia.

As far as who is the best Foci tuner out thier, You're talking to him in this thread. 1TurboFocus commmenly known around here as good 'ol TOM.

Soon Tom, soon I'll be down thier... some day anyways... lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts