Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a dumb question but does the focus just have a maf or does it also have a iat sensor, my buddy put a little resistor on his iat and got more hp, i was wondering if the focus has a iat and where is it so i can do the same thing

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
you have both, just like basically any car, cept map, but the iat is located in the maf sensor housing. ps, that mod is useless.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you know what the mod is suppose to actually do i am not too sure, i haven't heard much on it other then what my buddy said

·
Registered
81 Posts
Actually, MAP cars usually do have an IAT sensor aswell, and in order for the MAF to work it requires an IAT sensor (usually built in).

I strongly suggest you leave this to the dudes that don't know any better. What you're doing is adding more resistance to the IAT circuit (basis of how the IAT works) and effectively telling the Engine Management system that the temperature of the incoming air is cooler than it is. We all know that when we run cooler (more dense) an incoming air charge, we run richer... so this is what the system does, richen up the fuel mixture. Some vehicles are notorious for running lean from the factory to achieve higher mileage etc. and you might THINK about doing it to one of these vehicles, but in my opinion I'd say don't do it to the Focus..... I just shake my head at these kind of things...... [V]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
htrfocus said:
Actually, MAP cars usually do have an IAT sensor aswell, and in order for the MAF to work it requires an IAT sensor (usually built in).
[V]
i know, thats what i said, or well intented, i just meant the two were not in the same position like most new maf housings

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
less you get a pectel and write the MAF out [:)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts