Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone, I had a stumble at idle, and it just didnt really feel as balsy as she used to. Being far from stock, I decided to leave the Stock ignition. I bought the MSD coil pack, wires, new Copper plugs, and GOD DAMN. I have my power back. THe car pulls NOTICEAbLY harder in the midrange, Idles much smoother now, and i am totally stoked at the results. Anyone that says the MSD coil pack and wires isnt worth it is probably lying. I love it, VERY quality piece, and u can tell its made for business, its much bigger than the stock unit. Anyways Props to CFM, thats were i got it. i also bought the Intake Upgrade boots, and clamps so i will install those sometime this weekend or whenever. Thought i would share the info on the MSD upgrade tho..

Chris

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I made the same switch and noticed the smoothness too...

CFM is where mine came from as well. They always get my money...I love CFM.

I havent put my Coppers in yet.

Since you have my same set up, I didnt see anything about maximum gap....would you think .060 would be ok? OEM is .035

·
Registered
762 Posts
I switched over to Motorcraft copper plugs, MSD coil pack and Ford Racing wires (Have to use the ZX2 wires) about a month ago and I love it. Made a nice improvement in driveability, trottle response, etc.

I got it all from Massive Speed System. They also sell the MSD wires.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
You changed so much that you dont know if it was just 1 componet that made the difference.

Usually just plugs will make the difference.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Hmmm, Im almost certain it says .035 under my hood...I do have an '02...so maybe they had it different on the older ones??

·
Registered
762 Posts
03OrangeSVT said:
You changed so much that you dont know if it was just 1 componet that made the difference.

Usually just plugs will make the difference.
Actually, I changed just the coil and wires. The plugs were changed a couple of days later when they arrived. I already had Ford Racing wires on the car, I just changed over to a different type to fit the MSD coil. So, I got to feel the difference the coil itself made to the car's driveability for at least a few days.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the web addy, is www.c-f-m.com I changed to coppers awhile back, and it made NO difference what so ever. When i changed the wires, and coil pack, and added neW coppers thats when the diff was made. VERY big change, and i honestly am very happy with it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
msd

i've had mine now a couple months and still running great, i change out all my componets at one time, wires coil and copper plugs. love the smoothnessssss. also helped out with the throttle response.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts