438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

ditched yellow headlights

some more in coronado

look whats behind in that last pic, svt stang

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
awesome, another so-cal guy. look in the west coast section and see if you can come to the g2g on the 16th.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
All the way from NY state, holy long drive Batman. And the car still looks great [thumb]

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looks good, welcome to San DIego....now go home!!!!LOL just kidding. I like the mirrors, are they aftermarket or did you have them painted to match the car?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
love that last pic. the car looks so damn clean. that thing is damn low too. what kind of drop is that? any rubbing issues?

·
Banned
503 Posts
the mirrors....please tell me ur kidding about asking if they are not stock....cause those....they're stock on the SVTF's.....lol

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Dang. No little bugs and gunk on the front bumper? I bet it was a fun cross-country trip!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha, well there were mad bugs on the car till i washed it. The front bumper was black and we hit a construction cone left out by a trucker infront of us doing about 40 after braking, thought we were going to die. No damage, bumper is fine, rock chips are there for sure, needs a respray anyways and next time I go across I will used painters tape.

H&R coilovers are the drop, thanks for the comments, cali is awsome, just today met up with some really nice guys from the JET mostly.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
o shit trav got to him first. now everything is going to hell :)

jk man. we need to have meets in north county so its not a hour drive but more a 45 minute drive.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i'm looking to make this adventure too at the end of the month. i'm moving to chino though which is socal too[thumb] hope to see you around. how long was your drive and how many stops did you take? hotel sleepovers or drive straight though...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Stolle said:
the mirrors....please tell me ur kidding about asking if they are not stock....cause those....they're stock on the SVTF's.....lol
Accually I am asking since I am new to the focus world. I have only owned my foci for 2 months now and never really looked at all the diffent models before owning one.

·
SONIC ZX3
2,253 Posts
yo greg happy to see you made it in one piece. love the new head lights. but i still like the yellow ones too. how long did it take to get there? did your freind drive with you? when can we expect an appearence from you on the east coast? we had a good showing last week at the raceway. we had 4 foci and javier's rental crystler 300 v6. he messed his clutch up pretty bad and had to get it replaced. at least we got to beat on the 300 in the parking lot. well i guess ill see you tonight at the gtg. lol
keep me updated on whats going down on the west side. now go catch some waves.
harry

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey,

It took 3 days to drive across the country making 2 overnight stops in St. Louis, Missouri, Galup, New Mexico (Arizona Border), and then onto San Diego that next day, which included a 200 mile detour to the 4 corners.

1st day : left at 7 am, stopped 10pm central time, 1000 miles
2nd day : left at 9am central, stopped at 3 am mountain time, 1200 miles
3rd day : left at 9am central, arrived at 10 pm pacific time 1000 miles

Trip wasnt bad at all except for that cone we hit, but no biggie, I went across with a friend which is recommended. And redbull is your friend along with coffee. There is nothing outside major cities and the west coast and new york. Dont speed in PA on the Pike if you go that way. Rest of the time, use judgement but through Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and Cali it was a fluctuation of 80mph to 90mph to 100mph to sometimes 110mph.

Recomend painters tape the front bumper if you dont like bugs, along with your side mirrors. I didnt of course.

Thats about it, next time ill be in ny is december for two days then onto france, then back to ny in january. But sounds like a good turn out, ill keep you guys updated and see you guys soon enough.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts