Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really liked my Focus SEL. It had Zero problems and looked great! But..... I have been wanting an All Electric car for quite some time and when I saw the Electric Focus, it was the perfect blend of style and function. I finally found one at the price I was willing to pay, in the color I wanted and the dealer arranged transportation to my home. I have driven it once so far, as has my girlfriend and it was a blast, in an eco friendly kind of way! LOL!![twothumbs]. I knew it was a good thing when she said she wanted to drive 'our' car tomorrow to go shopping, :(. Before it was always 'her' car and 'my' car! Any how, I need to add on the wind deflectors, add tint, and install the hitch among other things to make it my car again! I consider it to still be a focus and will continue to frequent this site as I enjoy the news and posts. Meanwhile, here are the photos to show it happened!

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
good deal! looks like a perfect trade [thumb]

·
Registered
340 Posts
Very cool, have only ever seen one on the streets and one at my dealer. Good luck and enjoy!

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
I want those headlights lol. Nice car though!

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
Beautiful! Your car is so rare that I have never seen one in person, much less driven one. I love electric cars and the Focus Electric blows the Nissan Leaf out of the water IMHO.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Awesome! what's the range on those? We bought a C-Max Energi at the same time we bought the Focus. It's a Hybrid/Electric so it still uses fuel some of the time but right now the MPG readout says 110 MPG haha it's pretty amazing.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Hey! Someone to post in the Focus Electric section....

Looks great, enjoy the new experience.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Beautiful! Your car is so rare that I have never seen one in person, much less driven one. I love electric cars and the Focus Electric blows the Nissan Leaf out of the water IMHO.
I had the chance to drive several of them on the steering and handling course at Ford's Dearborn track once, it drives exactly like a normal MK3 except for the extra mass and the additional torque. It drove really well imo. [driving]

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
The numbers 87 and 91 will no longer have any meaning to you but rather it is 110 and 220 that you will be concerned about.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Sorry if this is a stupid question but i know nothing about the electric Focus. Is it full electric or does it have a gas engine too like a Prius? what's the range on it?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Sorry if this is a stupid question but i know nothing about the electric Focus. Is it full electric or does it have a gas engine too like a Prius? what's the range on it?
The Focus Electric is 100% pure electric and has an estimated range of 76 EPA certified miles per charge.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the compliments on the car. two days in and I have had some fun with it. The Focus is an ALL Electric car, no engine. The range is 87 +/- depending on terrain, weather and how you drive. (not unlike ICE vehicles). So far with two 35+ mile drives in and around Dayton, it is doing something like 95+ range from a full charge. The regen feature has given approx 10 more miles to the range. With heavy foot you can feel the torque steer and how much more peppy it is off the line! ( maybe I need to fit the ST nose on it and rear valence, I could use the hitch to plug in a fake exhaust! [drummer]) The last drive was 39.7 miles, from a full charge I had 53% battery left with a calculated range of 55mi. left to go.(also was using radio and air) It works like the mi to empty on a regular Focus, depending on how you drive the estimate varies and relying on it is not exactly recommended but does give you an idea of how far you 'could' go.
Still a lot to learn about it, especially the nav. and MFT functions. Funny, I got an all electric car BEFORE I actually ever owned a smart phone! Just ordered one yesterday so I could get the connectivity info and such!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey! Someone to post in the Focus Electric section....

Looks great, enjoy the new experience.
There's a Focus electric section? Didn't see one... I am on the Ford Focus Electric forum though.

Edit: Found it, thanks for the heads up on the section!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Really nice! Keep us updated on how it works as a daily driver.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts