Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone
I'm piss off being honest becuase SCT dealer over here in Australia want $1000 just for the Xcal2 on it's own and that's well over 100% markup then it's like $800 just for the ecu code in the Xcal then $150 hour on the dyno for 3-4 hours.

Now if I want to use an performance shop who is not an SCT dealer and for them to use the softwear I have buy the rights to it and the cost is $2500AUD so that I can get it tuned by whoever I want.

2003 ECU code WYl1
The strategy code is AWAZ0S3

SCT U.S. made the softwear and hardwear program. All the SCT Xcal 2/3 and livewire have been reprogramed for different country.
The SCT dealer over here who got the code for me was using SCT Xcal2 and it was and U.S. controller as well and he told me it doesn't matter if you buy it from the U.S or Australia you got to pay to get your code put on.
Someone here in Australia brought a JRSC and it came with a SCT Xlcal2 for the Focus Zetec U.S. and Canada vehicles only and all they did was reporgram it and made it work over here.
Now I was told by the dealer's over here you can't buy 1 in the U.S. and make it work over here, so what give with the above????

dreamscience Told me I had to buy there DSF3000 from us as the US devices are not supported at all on European vehicles. Our DSF3000 is basically an Xcal2 with a European firmware and European bit.
If that was the case the Xcal2 that come with the JRSC won't of work at all.

Now I can buy the softwear from dreamscience but, by the time It gets here it'll be near $2000AUD

All it comes down to is SCT dealer won't make much money if I buy it from the U.S. and get it tuned

Now I want SCT xcal 3 or Livewire so lets make this happen

Cheers
Rob

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I do not know if all that is true or not.

If it is...

Find a used focus ECU (U.S.)

Use it with a new PATS for your car, then use a US XCAL.

Just a thought but it would work.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not know if all that is true or not.
If it is...
Find a used focus ECU (U.S.)
Use it with a new PATS for your car, then use a US XCAL.
Just a thought but it would work.
The U.S. and Canada have the same ECU code but, the Euro Focus has different codes plus the euro Focus an return fuel line so it wouldn't work.

The ECU computer are the same but, its the code that holding me up.
I've look well into this matter

·
FF Affiliate
31,169 Posts
If they want 1000.00 for the xacl2 thats more like a 300% mark up, I know the import tax isnt that high because I send stuff over all the time

I have 1 to 2 people a month call me for help with there Focus tuning from other countries but SCT will not make it where I can help them because of this

I wish I could help more if you come up with anything im on board with what ever I can do to help

Tom

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
well i dont know if swapping ecu's will work but i do know the fuel system will not hold you back. i am running a return fuel system on a US ecu.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i dont know if swapping ecu's will work but i do know the fuel system will not hold you back. i am running a return fuel system on a US ecu.
The euro Focus is programed to run an return fuel system and the U.S. isn't, plus the ECU have to be the same and there's nothing even close to my code.

Unless some1 has an 2003 auto ecu and willing to ship it over to me and I'll ship it back if it doesn't work but, I don't like my chances of it working at all.

·
FF Affiliate
31,169 Posts
Before you do that get a pin out of your ECU and lets see if it matches our ECU , if it does then our ECU will work and I will send you a flasher and ECU and can tune your car from here

Tom

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Before you do that get a pin out of your ECU and lets see if it matches our ECU , if it does then our ECU will work and I will send you a flasher and ECU and can tune your car from here

Tom
Your an great guy and for you to go out of your way to help me speak alot and I hope it does work because I know it'll be right the 1st time.

This black plate says:
The following U.S. patents may apply to this unit:

2003 ECU code WYl1

[E11] 1-00 0287 ECU code WYl1
LP2-320
on the 2nd little sticker that has the code as well
1M5F-JB
WYl1

under the bar code:
1M5F-12A650-JB EQSYSFA2WLMD
CAD 3C05

I hope this helps alot Tom

Cosworth and Focus Power and FR: I'll be glad to have that strength

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here's my Stock setting
2.0L auto Cubic Capacity cm3 1988
85KW/115HP rev/min [email protected]/4000rpm max continuous engine speed 5950 rev/min
max intermittent engine speed 6175 rev/min
ULP 91ROM (min)

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
720 Posts
While I don't exactly condone doing this based on who I work for...If I were just an enthusiast and not an employee I can't say I wouldn't try doing the same thing in your shoes.

In order to swap the processors you would have to see if the wiring pin designations can be redone to work on a US processor or would need to see if the US hardware can support the different fuel system. You processor is physically identical to what we have here and is just a 216k EEC based system

I honestly don't think it will work. I think the wiring and output controls will be vastly different but I may be wrong.

You're in Australia correct? We have dealers in Australia that you can deal with....send me a PM.

·
FF Affiliate
31,169 Posts
No I am talking a pin out , what a pin out is showing where each wire goes that comes from the ECU this can be had from your local Ford dealer , if you could get a copy of that and scan it I will sit doen and see if all the wires go to the same places and we can go from there

Tom

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While I don't exactly condone doing this based on who I work for...If I were just an enthusiast and not an employee I can't say I wouldn't try doing the same thing in your shoes.

In order to swap the processors you would have to see if the wiring pin designations can be redone to work on a US processor or would need to see if the US hardware can support the different fuel system. You processor is physically identical to what we have here and is just a 216k EEC based system

I honestly don't think it will work. I think the wiring and output controls will be vastly different but I may be wrong.

You're in Australia correct? We have dealers in Australia that you can deal with....send me a PM.
You just didn't read my post at all.
Well your SCT dealers over here suck, they don't have cnc machine and don't know how to use an dyno
Had my Focus auto in 2nd gear, like no wonder I made next to [:)][:)][:)][:)] all whp gain 5WHp, should of been in D or go 1,2,D without using the over drive
I had 98WHP and I had long tube header, flex pie and cossie exhaust and I only made 102.9WHP even without an tune I should of made 110WHp easy

I will not deal with SCT over here, so what I want you to do is call,email whatever you gotta do is talk to dreamscience and get my
2003 ECU code WYl1

The only reply back I wanna hear from SCT is YES Rob we can do this for you and don't tell me it can't be done because it's euro.
I was willing to send my ECU into SCT U.S. but, you guys wasn't interested.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No I am talking a pin out , what a pin out is showing where each wire goes that comes from the ECU this can be had from your local Ford dealer , if you could get a copy of that and scan it I will sit doen and see if all the wires go to the same places and we can go from there

Tom
I'll go to ford after work and ask them, this should be interesting to see if they will give me this info.

It'll be like wtf do you need this for

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I'll go to ford after work and ask them, this should be interesting to see if they will give me this info.

It'll be like wtf do you need this for
Tell them its not their concern just give me the damn info! lol[headbang]

·
Registered
720 Posts
You just didn't read my post at all.
Well your SCT dealers over here suck, they don't have cnc machine and don't know how to use an dyno
Had my Focus auto in 2nd gear, like no wonder I made next to [:)][:)][:)][:)] all whp gain 5WHp, should of been in D or go 1,2,D without using the over drive
I had 98WHP and I had long tube header, flex pie and cossie exhaust and I only made 102.9WHP even without an tune I should of made 110WHp easy

I will not deal with SCT over here, so what I want you to do is call,email whatever you gotta do is talk to dreamscience and get my
2003 ECU code WYl1

The only reply back I wanna hear from SCT is YES Rob we can do this for you and don't tell me it can't be done because it's euro.
I was willing to send my ECU into SCT U.S. but, you guys wasn't interested.
With an attitude like that I will not do anything for you. I posted a response offering assistance even though you are trying to get around the system (which we can terminate dealer status for but I am not that much of an ass) and you bash me? You're welcome.

I don't know which dealers you are dealing with; we have 2 that I deal with in Australia and only one I would refer you to who knows what they are doing.

We do not set the price our dealers sell for....we do set what they can advertise for (ask tom) but not what they actually sell for.

Do what you want....oh and now I am pretty sure I know who you were dealing with that quoted so much and no I would not be referring you to that dealer as I know they have done that in the past but you obviously do not want help so I am done.

·
FF Affiliate
31,169 Posts
FocusRacingAustrali , Calm down a little , he isnt the guy that has the ability to say or do anything about what SCT charges or offers where you are , Blivit is just telling you what is needed so listen and hold back the being pissed at SCT for SCT not one of there on line helpers

Tom

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With an attitude like that I will not do anything for you. I posted a response offering assistance even though you are trying to get around the system (which we can terminate dealer status for but I am not that much of an ass) and you bash me? You're welcome.

I don't know which dealers you are dealing with; we have 2 that I deal with in Australia and only one I would refer you to who knows what they are doing.

We do not set the price our dealers sell for....we do set what they can advertise for (ask tom) but not what they actually sell for.

Do what you want....oh and now I am pretty sure I know who you were dealing with that quoted so much and no I would not be referring you to that dealer as I know they have done that in the past but you obviously do not want help so I am done.
I'm sorry I went off at you like that and I shouldn't be piss off at you only at SCT.
SCT U.S. UK and AU have been telling me bullshit and I won't stand for it.
What SCT dealer are you talking about?, I live in Queensland, brisbane.

I think SCT U.S. should look into pricing and I take it you goten email ph call from people over here about an SCT dealer?

I don't know how your going to assistance me as SCT U.S. doesn't have my code, won't buy my code from dreamscience, Your just going to give me an Australian SCT dealer ph number for me to call
I was willing to send my ECU to SCT U.S. so you guys can get my stock files,I just don't understand whats so hard getting my code

I'm not trying to milk the system here and it may seem that way.
what the dealer can get it at then pay taxs then to sell it should be 25-35% make up, Now I can buy the same thing ok and get it ship over here and I'll save around $100 and I don't have an problem going to the dealer over here but, when I see as Tom said over 300% make up and there getting dealer rates as well thats when I get piss off
I can get it ship over here for $500 to 600AU and they want $1000AU and thats without any tunes
It's alot cheaper for me to buy it
So yeah it's over priced and unfair.

I would like the SCT livewire or do I have use xcal 3 as well?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FocusRacingAustrali , Calm down a little , he isnt the guy that has the ability to say or do anything about what SCT charges or offers where you are , Blivit is just telling you what is needed so listen and hold back the being pissed at SCT for SCT not one of there on line helpers

Tom
I'll back off the throttle, didn't mean to valve bounce him like that.

The bad news is that FORD was like WTF
They don't have that type of info and even if they had it I wouldn't get it.

The Euro and U.S. Focus has the same wiring harness through out the car, maybe few thing that the U.S. doesn't have but it's damn close.

If the ECU doesn't work I'll ship it back with some aussie beer if I can do that and all will be sweet.

50/50 chance of it working and we both know the ECU will plag in, it's just the matter of ECU and engine talking to each other.

·
FF Affiliate
31,169 Posts
Ok option 2 , If they wont give it to you and I dont know why they wouldnt , buy the book for wiring from Ford

A pinout is a must , back in the early Mustang days we would swap ECU for one better or one we had a way to tune and would have to swap 3 wires on the ECU so we could swap them , MUST HAVE A PINOUT

Tom

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just love an story.

Hope you got an 3 option here because Ford doesn't have anything like that, all they do get new ecu and plag it in
I'll call an different Ford today but, I just don't my chances

1 - 20 of 57 Posts