Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to buy some used machs ($350) but they would need to be picked up and put in a bag to bring on the plane (about $175 more) so all said and done about $575 for 9 year old lights

OR

I can get the new hella's ( HID not the dynabeams) for $616 shipped to my door plus taxes ($65) but they are new.

I did'nt like the hellas at first but they grew on me over time. does anyone have any experiance with both of these? what would you do?

Thanks -Justin

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Machs are hellas lol. The machs use a e55 bi xenon projector when u hit the high beam the cut off swithes back pared with the h7high beam. The dyna xenons don't the only have the h7 for a high. When the machs pared with the clear lens from theretrofitsource.com and either the d2s Phillips+ or a 5000k bulbs I doubt the dynas would be brighter

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Mach Hellas and Hella Dyna Xenons are the same projector. Both are E55's.

People with Dyna Xenons think it's better, but in truth its not. It's the same. The only thing that is different is having new D2S bulbs, and clean projector lenses.

Long hours on D2S bulbs cut down on it's output. And the headlight plastic fumes and the fumes collect on the inside of the glass projector lens, just like your windshield.

I have a spare set of E55's that came off of Machs, and before I cleaned the lenses the output was horrible. Some Invisible Glass and a microfiber cloth later, it was clean and the output was much, much better.

But, since you would be paying close to the price of new Hellas for the Machs, just get the Dyna Hellas.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
In the group by it didn't say what projector was used my bad

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I know they are both hella's but I knew the machs had a shield thing that the dyna's did not. I would be comming from halogens so i think both SHOULD be 1000 times better shouldent they?

would the same amount of wiring be needed for both?

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Yup both need the euro/vw plug.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
yeah I know they are both hella's but I knew the machs had a shield thing that the dyna's did not. I would be comming from halogens so i think both SHOULD be 1000 times better shouldent they?

would the same amount of wiring be needed for both?
What shield thing are you talking about? If you're talking about the cutoff shield, both are bixenon and both have a little tab to make the cutoff flat. Even if the cutoff shield is slightly different, Hella likes to recycle it's projectors. I think the newer Escalades still use E55's.

And yes, these are a huge step above halogens and way better than HID plug-and-play cheapie bull crap.

Go raid a MKIV Jetta or Golf for it's headlight plugs and depin/repin them.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What shield thing are you talking about? If you're talking about the cutoff shield, both are bixenon and both have a little tab to make the cutoff flat. Even if the cutoff shield is slightly different, Hella likes to recycle it's projectors. I think the newer Escalades still use E55's.

And yes, these are a huge step above halogens and way better than HID plug-and-play cheapie bull crap.

Go raid a MKIV Jetta or Golf for it's headlight plugs and depin/repin them.
I mean the one that moves away when you flick the high beams on the machs to allow full hid light

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
I mean the one that moves away when you flick the high beams on the machs to allow full hid light
Yup, that's bixenon. I seen pictures of the HID Hellas and they have bixenon also.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,213 Posts

I have a spare set of E55's that came off of Machs, and before I cleaned the lenses the output was horrible. Some Invisible Glass and a microfiber cloth later, it was clean and the output was much, much better.
You know I thought about doing this for a while, then I read your post and I finally did it the other day. Cleaning the projectors makes a big difference, I didn't get new bulbs I'll just wait until one burns out.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup, that's bixenon. I seen pictures of the HID Hellas and they have bixenon also.
really? I thought they said they were not for sure

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
really? I thought they said they were not for sure
You know what, now I'm not so sure. I went through the group buy thread and I realized no one bothered to post a high beam shot. So it might not be bixenon, but it's still part of the E55 family.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
I researched the group buy. That's why I couldn't tell either. Let's just say I have pristine machs in the mail to my house and I have 5000k and clear lenses waiting for them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts