Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
damn man thats a nice find! I might have to buy one now!

Rep for you !

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
I highly doubt the bulbs, nor the ballasts are included.

Notes W/HID Lamps
^^^That note, especially where it's placed in the description means;
these lights are intended for vehicles that were originally equipped with HID lights.

Though...someone needs to call these folks and find out for sure. [;)]

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^either way you have to buy a HID kit so...

on notes on stock head light it says under notes (halogen) and W/ or W/o on others so the way its set up i macke it seem the do come with lamps

heres the main page for the ford parts they have
http://www.go-part.com/ford-focus-c-18_356.html

damn you i found this site like 4 months ago i was trying to keep it a secret intill i got some but ive been broke for ever
i sorry [dunno]

but im not getting MACHs for my foci so i thought id share with everyone[:D]

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Not sure about that site. Called and got a generic answering service and the mailbox is full. Might (looks to) be to good to be true. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the link.
They really need to clarify a couple things...[confused]
Same part number (FO2503202) for both, yet one says "Except SVT":
http://www.go-part.com/0405-ford-focus-headlight-lamp-right-passenger-p-21595.html
http://www.go-part.com/0205-ford-focus-headlight-lamp-right-passenger-p-21596.html

If that's an OEM part or OEM quality, and not some cheap-ass knock off, and it comes with lights/ballasts, that's one hell of a deal! [thumb]

i was noticing that to. idk why they set it up like that.

its a good deal even if they dont come with lamps and ballist considering the price of quality HID kits hava droped under $100. in the end youre getting them for about 60% less then BAT had them for.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I got an email response:

Whatever you see on our website is what we offer. The parts are aftermarket.

My emailed question:

> Hello,
> I came upon your web site and am interested in the availability and price for the following part numbers:
> FO2503202 Focus Healight w/HID
> FO2502202 Focus Headlight w/HID
> Also, are these factory or aftermarket? Do they come with ballasts and bulbs?

I have never heard of any aftermarket MACH HID replacements. Also, it's pretty obvious they do not stock these themselves, as there is only the vague response and no direct answer to my specific questions.

I would not be surprised to see a mix up and instead of HID, you get the standard SVT black reflector headlight(s).

I'm sure somebody will try this anyway. Won't be me. Good luck to who ever does. We're all waiting to see what you get.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I looked up the part number and it does in fact appear to be an aftermarket replacement headlight for the factory Hella HID's. These DO NOT come with ballasts or bulbs.

Also, you will not be getting Genuine Hella projectors. I can't say what off brand (tiawan) projectors are in them.

Although these may look like MACH's, they will ultimately not compare to the real deal.
That being said, you'll be out $350-400 shipped with a cheapie hid kit and now you have entered REAL MACH (granted used, but worth the optics/hardware IMO) territiory.

To each their own I guess, tempting, but I'd rather have the Hella HID projectors/kit that is included in the factory MACH headlights.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts