Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm about to order my car and dealing with the issue of color. I'm sure everyone's got a preference, I've changed my mind a few times already.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has a platinum white focus with the 17" machined and painted alloy wheels. sedan or HB doesnt really matter. I think the black on white would look awesome, but as I was sitting there talking to my sales rep the GM came in and asked me about color and suggested a darker color might look better with the rims. I don't know if this was just his "2cents" but I know they didn't have a "darker" focus on the lot they were trying to sell me, he knew I was ordering.

I've seen the rims on grey, yellow, red and black cars. They look boss on them all. I've yet to see someone put them on white though. Can anyone help me out while I continue my search? Shit, any pictures of the rim at all would be appreciated, even if its not on white I still love looking at em.

·
Registered
185 Posts
a few people on the forums have the painted 17"s on white, it looks nice. If you poke around like page 9 or 10 of the window tint thread, there is a good picture of one.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hello all, I'm about to order my car and dealing with the issue of color. I'm sure everyone's got a preference, I've changed my mind a few times already.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has a platinum white focus with the 17" machined and painted alloy wheels. sedan or HB doesnt really matter. I think the black on white would look awesome, but as I was sitting there talking to my sales rep the GM came in and asked me about color and suggested a darker color might look better with the rims. I don't know if this was just his "2cents" but I know they didn't have a "darker" focus on the lot they were trying to sell me, he knew I was ordering.

I've seen the rims on grey, yellow, red and black cars. They look boss on them all. I've yet to see someone put them on white though. Can anyone help me out while I continue my search? Shit, any pictures of the rim at all would be appreciated, even if its not on white I still love looking at em.
Go on Ford's website and choose build my own. The sales rep should be able to access the Internet on their computer. You can then play with the colors and wheels.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, ford.ca wasnt able to display the rims for me. .com worked instead

ill check the window tint thread as well, thanks for quick reply!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Those look really sweet with the white as well. My choice as well, but with
Silver.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Oxford White SE sport hatch with the black 17's is scheduled to be built this Thursday, 7/21.

I have yet to see this combo on the forum. Will post pictures upon delivery.

Good luck---you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
First post...

I'm considering taking the plunge into a new Focus sometime in the next few months. The white with painted alloys is a combination I've been toying with as well. Any pictures of a white hatchback with these rims?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Yeah the sedan pictured looks fine. I have them on my Yellow Hatch.
I might have enjoyed the polished 17's but the painted black were on my ride when I went and bought it off the lot 60 miles away from home. No problem.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll try to get a picture when I get my car back. It looks about the same though just imagine a hatch!
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Nice car, MGbox ! [driving]

It does look good in White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat (if this is your collor).

·
Registered
314 Posts
My tri-coat white Ti HB has the 18in alloys with the sport suspension and tires and I think they are much nicer then the 17in options. I'm thinking about getting them powder coated matte black to really set it off. The 5 star mag look with alot of open space looks sick and there really easy to reach into and clean the interior of the wheel. Just my opinion but if you have a chance to check out the 18in alloys you may be more impressed then with the 17in ones. Plus they fill up the wheel well much nicer too. Unless your planning on getting some after market wheels then why not get the best ones they offer. The sport tires are toally awesome on the cornering too.... just a thought.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Same rims I've got on my Met Candy Blue Sedan. Wish they were 7.5 in wide though; got my eye on a set of hot rod all seasons at Tire Rack, and the closest to 215/50R17 they get is 225/45/R17. Aaaaaahhhhhhhh I'm sure they'll be OK on a 7 x 17 rim!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Unfortunately I'm at work right now (in Iraq), and the car is at the dealers in MI. I've got photo of it from the salesman, and that's on my thumb drive, which I don't have with me tonight. I'll post a copy of it tomorrow, if the internet is up and running (it wasn't today) at the camp I live in.

Here's a link to a pretty good shot of the rim on a Candy Blue Focus in a Car & Driver comparo.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...llery/2012_ford_focus_se_sedan_wheel_photo_20

1 - 20 of 38 Posts