Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't trust myself with electrical stuff, and if someone could point me in the right direction in purchasing a harness I would appreciate it. I also wouldn't mind paying someone for the parts and their time to make a plug and play harness for my car. I would make it worth their while. I can assure them of that, whoever that may want to. I looked at the ebay harnesses, and I don't think they are what I need... but I may be wrong. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
if you buy the "kit" is all the wiring there for you, so all it is is plug and play. no splicing, no soldering? easy right?

·
Registered
444 Posts
no the ford racing harness is messed up. for the blinkers to still work and if i remember correctly the city lights to work u must splice into the existing wires.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't get the kit, just the head lamp assemblies.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
what exactly do you mean by "splice"? just cut the wiring open and connect them to the stock wiring for the signals in the grill? do you need to solder them? and what about the city lights? are those the same thing as say parking lights where just the amber lights are on?

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
you can use wire taps if you dont want to solder

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
cool. how much do those cost and where could i get them? any hardware store?

·
Registered
444 Posts
yep that is exactly what i used, wire taps. better than completely cutting into the wire, imo. got mine from HomeDepot for like $5 if that for like a nice packet of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts