Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the MAC shorty header any good ?
They say it's coated with SILVER "JET-HOT" like the Ford Racing shorty header.
I know this guy that's selling one for $100 that has a small dent in one of the tubes.
I haven't seen the dent yet but the header is new.
A new one goes for $200 online.

I'm just wonder if the MAC shorty header fitment is good and if it's any good.

Click here to see MAC website

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I can't say from first hand experience but I seem to recall people having problems with the welds and cracking on the MAC shorty header. Someone correct me if I am mistaken

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Your mistaken, I haven't heard of any problems with it. Though I have yet to see a car with it installed.

One of my rules is never buy damaged car parts, ever, regardless of price.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I can pass on the ding and dent sale but $200 for a new header is a decent price and I can't over look it until I get some facts.

Come on, I know someone has it installed...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Microtonal if you're talking about the MAC shorty header that has been trying to sell on ebay for months now then I don't think it is Jet Hot Coated. I think I called MAC and they told me that their products are ceramic coated....big difference. The seller said that he himself JetHot coated it inside and out. Just didn't sound very promising. But I do believe it is a MAC header because he told me it is and it does looks really nice. The only thing I would worry about is that it doesn't have a support welded from the flange to flange. My pacesetter has this. I figure it would help with flexing and maybe from tearing apart the welds. But then again my Pacesetter has a nice dent in one of the pipes to clear the flange.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
you get what you pay for, if you live somewhere where the weatheris nice and you dont drive in badweather all the time, you can get by w/ this quality of parts, however as we told you in the other thread the quality of the FR is the highest

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking a header that may have worked with the focus.

A Header shoot-out would be nice...
Oh well, I guess I better save up an extra $100 to get the FR shorty header.

·
Registered
68 Posts
what do you guys think about the pace setter header?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Focaltech a lot of people have the newer Pacesetter Armor coated header for the focus and from what people say they're not half bad. The armor coating lasts pretty well and they haven't had troubles. And they say the feel a big difference. People complained about the older headers cracking and the quality on a lot of theri pieces from what i've heard are less than desirable but the header doesn't seem all that bad. I paid $135 for mine. Comes with gaskets and tubing to protect your power steering lines from melting down. So I'd say if you can get one for a good price it's not bad. Plus the tubes on the header look pretty even in length. The only thing that erks me is the dent in one of the pipes to clear the flange but that may not even affect performance.

·
Registered
793 Posts
im gonna stick with fr

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
me no likey header if you need to put dent on it to make it fit.
[nono]
Sound like it still isn't right if you need to put a dent on it to make it fit.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well the dent isn't very big at all. But they could've definitely shrunk it down. Like I said I got the header because of the price. I think you should just heed Focaltech's words and get the Ford Racing.....Hedman Headers makes a header too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
the reason i asked about the pacesetter was that i have their header on another car of mind its great no trouble and had it for a few years and on the car i have it on its the best performance header for that car it has been dyno proven.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
bluebubble said:
the reason i asked about the pacesetter was that i have their header on another car of mind its great no trouble and had it for a few years and on the car i have it on its the best performance header for that car it has been dyno proven.
Yea what kind of car, cuz I find your claim highly unlikely.

·
Registered
68 Posts
a sohc dodge neon

let me find the link to show the dyno

1 - 20 of 23 Posts