Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
i've had them for eight months, good quality and you can't beat the price.[thumb]

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
I know the 3 bolt ones were on sale at zxtuner for $40 a while back. Might still be. The only bad thing I heard about them was that 3 bolt cam gears could loosen more as oppossed to 5 bolt designs. And this was directed towards 3 bolt cam gears, not MAC specifically. Again, only what I heard, don't one any adjustable cam gears. Agree with Lip, can't beat the price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
they do only have three bolts, atleast the one i have. i used some loctite on the bolts and haven't had any issues w/ them slipping. i also upgraded the bolts to grade 8 and used lock washers. overkill..... probably, but they don't move. [thumb]

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cool I know about the 3 bolt design having more of a chance to slip. I have one Findanza camgear (not installed obviously) I want another but can't find one for cheap. I lucked out and bought that one for like 40 bucks. There was another one for sale but they wanted alot mor than I could afford. Then I came across the MAC's 2 of 'em for cheap beand new. They are silver and I needed 2 of them. I would have asked if they were alright but I did'nt want to have a bid war with my fellow focus fanatics.[}:)] (Iknow evil was'nt it). Now I have to sell my energy suspension front control arm kit and the findanza cam gear to pay for the cam gears. Can't wait to get them installed and tuned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts