Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im coming back to this, i think this seems a bit more practical for me , and i want the car to be street legal here, maybe ill turbo later maybe not, for now it is my daily driver and i need to go to point b and back to point a, so no fancy tuning and motorbuilds as of yet, so heres what ill need, does anyone know the maximum amt of boost the M62 is capable of? and and is it really worth my time? im thinking of using a modified M45 manifold and the M62 compressor itself, im going to try and find both used and in good condition to save as much mony as possible, anyone else have any input on this?[:)]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
If you look in muscle mustangs and fast fords about 1 year ago the under pressure column in the front was about them doing exactly what you are talking about, I believe the got just a hair over 200 hp I'll see if I still have the issue and I can mail you a copy if I still have it

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool nyup voer 200 is what im looking for

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Seriously, why doesn't Jackson Racing stop being biased towards Hondas and give all Focuses the choice of the M62 blower? An IC would be nice too. Any word on the Kenne Bell Focus kit?

·
Registered
732 Posts
yea it is gay how the zetec focus gets the m45 and the SVT gets the m62

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes very gay, and i emailed them and ask them about it awhile bac, the guy said and imseriously pretty much quoting him "there no way you can put the M62 on your focus,it is just way way better man, its so much better of a superharger and stuff,man"

anyways what are everyones thoughts on somthing the size of the M90? and whats the difference in the M and MP series of chargers?

kenn belle for focus? i wish, i guess youcould maybe get a miata kit and adapt it, ALOT

·
Registered
845 Posts
the M62 with an IC would be awsome!! I'm not gonna settle for anything less than that from a supercharger! (well, maybe no IC, but that would obviously be greatly beneficial)
off topic: I kinda question the vortech. Especially that long bar driving the SC (modified turbo) making its way around an aftermarket street header. The only photos I've seen show it with a stock exhaust manifold with heat shield, and that doesn't really even compare in size to my JBA. The ZX3 oxygen sensors also pass through that area and there's a lot of stuff in the way like the battery and a $hitload of cables/hoses where that big intercooler sits. Good luck R&D team!

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hah the M90 was kind of a joke, its a bit too big, but i could see maybe an intercooler working better on the M62, not sure though, ill have to wait and check on that after the kit is running, right now im going to finish the repairs on my car, lower it, then ill save up for an M45 and play w/ that, after that ill start working on the 62 and possibly adapting it to the 45 manifold, maybe even build my own....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts