Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been lookin for a set of m3 style mirrors for my 01 se does anyone have them know where i can get a set cheap would it be cheaper to get a oe replacement for the drivers side my girlfriend cracked the outter shell on a metal pole

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but another thin i was thinkin was maybe puttin leds in the stock housing on both sides would it be hard to wire them to the signals or easier to wire the m3s
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
led would work, either way you would have to run the same amount of wire. svt mirrors with some custom led lights could look great. maybe photoshop it first then go from there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
led would work, either way you would have to run the same amount of wire. svt mirrors with some custom led lights could look great. maybe photoshop it first then go from there.
If i had svt mirrors it would be awesome but the original se mirrors idk now maybe a pipe dream if i got the m3 style from ebay they come with the wiring right?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
i dont know how long of wires but yeah it does come with wires.

·
Registered
744 Posts
yes it comes with the wires. i have them and i love em.. wiring and installation took me a half hour, just tap into the turn signals and wiring if you have power mirrors. its easy as pie.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes it comes with the wires. i have them and i love em.. wiring and installation took me a half hour, just tap into the turn signals and wiring if you have power mirrors. its easy as pie.
AWESOME!!!!! but me and my focus dont get along when it comes to working on it so more like 4 hours for me but I think they'll look good if i paint em to match the car instead of leaving them black but did you paint yours

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks im just tryin find out ideas i hearfd the power mirrors are a pain to wire up are they?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
dont know never done it, if you have power mirrors already then you should be able to splice the wires together real quick and easy once you figure wich wire is for what

·
Registered
744 Posts
For power mirrors its easy to splice them.. everythings easy. I bought mine with a carbon fiber look so i didnt paint them.. i like them the way they are

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For power mirrors its easy to splice them.. everythings easy. I bought mine with a carbon fiber look so i didnt paint them.. i like them the way they are
now thats what i want tohear now a nother question i saw on a intergra forum with a quick google search would it be a good thing to do with the mirrors off thee car to get a motorcycle mirror heater from autozone and het em too? just getting ideas

1 - 13 of 13 Posts