Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or anyone who knows about the wiring of them. Yeah, shoot me for posting another damn thread. But I read the others and no info on this peculiar little thing I noticed.
Ok, so here it is, so yeah we wired the M3's, ran them to the side turns, BUT...when it's night time and the headlights are on, both the side turns and M3's never blink. Ok, so this means not enough power right? If so.........damn do I have to wire my M3's ground to the fuse box? I hate doing that. Or anywhere else? What about to the front? Someone please help. Thank you much.

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
I had kind of the same problem with my foglights when I was wiring them up... I had them all wired up correctly, but they just wouldn't turn on at all! So I rechecked my ground wires and attached them to a stock ground point in the engine bay right along the passenger side chassis above where the wheel is next to the engine block. After that, the lights turned on and I was so relieved.

But... since the sides and M3's turn on, but don't blink... you might have a problem with a connection somewhere else... I hope you do get the problem resolved though [thumb]

Cheers!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I remember helping one of my friends install them onto his car, (not a focus) but the install was pretty much the same. we just ommitted the wire for the blue light, cus blue is asking for trouble here in Ontario. wired it to his blinkers (not park lights) and it worked.

·
Registered
394 Posts
GregsWhiteFocus said:
The parking lights light up blue?? If I'd known that, I might have hooked it up...
if your gonna wire them up, you might as well put an independant switch on the wire for the blue lights, cus over here, you can turn on blue lights in a private parking lot, but not while you are driving, so I would not want it on all the time, then ur gonna have to take it all appart to disconnect it, too much of a headache IMHO.

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Um, thanks all...but still puzzled over here. Guess I'll mess around all weekend with it then.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just used the front turn signals... it's the middle wire I think that is for the blinker,, tap in there and you're setup... it sounds like maybe you tapped into the constant power and not the wire that's used for blinking.... play around with it until it works, not much harm can be done

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, my new one's come in tommorrow. I'm not giving up on these, so I'll post up again and let ya'll know.

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, so I got them and they are cracked, but only a tiny bit. Such bad luck with parts I swear. Anyway fixing it myself, not bothering with contacting them and all that mumbo jumbo.

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, alright, the M3's finally work! Looks like it was the LED that was bad. Now I got new one's on, these are carbon fiber one's. The LED's on these work great, but I'm running the white, not blue.
So when we tested the old one's , the blue did not work at all, but the white did. So now we are done and the mirrors looks great!
It was not the wiring.
Guess, since it was an EBAY product, you can't expect all the mirrors to work right. Like for me, the 2nd one's were fine.
Anyway easy set up. Took about 1 hour.
So that headache is now gone. Thanks you guys for any suggestions.
I might be throwing out the old one's, unless if someone wants them, but only the white lights work in them. Anyway if anyone wants them, $10 total. You can have them or else the trash can will.

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ran them down through inside the door and through the power tubing of the doors, and then up inside the fender. You can't see them and it does not look ghetto. I zip tied them secure and they are not visible nor in the way of anything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
anyone out there have instructions to install m3 led mannual mirrors? I recently got mine after i was force to replace my side mirrors as I was on my way home and had a homeless guy break my right hand side mirror as he was pushing his shooping cart down the middle of the street in downtown L.A.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Also I got my mirrors of ebay real cheap 27 including ship and ins. But I have a question it seems that I am missing the 2 main screws that hold the mirror so I was wondering if I can use the existing screws that came with the stock mirrors although they are a bit big and I am concerned that they may damage the whole on the new mirrors since the whole on the led mirrors are a bit small. Can I just get a smaller screw instead?

·
Registered
577 Posts
CKA said:
I ran them down through inside the door and through the power tubing of the doors, and then up inside the fender. You can't see them and it does not look ghetto. I zip tied them secure and they are not visible nor in the way of anything.
do u have pics of where u ran the wire? thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Carmen, do you have some pics of the wiring finished? I'mhaving this same problem right now, not knowing where to wire them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts