Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an 07 SES to daily drive instead of my 14 ST. The shocks and struts are in dire need of replacement. My question is the FRPP M-3000-ZX3A kit is listed to fit 00-05 Foci and I’m wondering what prevent it from fitting my 07.

Any help is greatly appreciated considering I’m new here.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think you need the omni kit to fit 05 and earlier kits to the 06-07. Im sketchy on the details as to why it's needed and what the MY differences are though.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drive about 100 miles a day and I was able to purchase the 07 for $500 from the dealership I work for. Figured it was a no brainer to keep more miles off my ST.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also we are a FRPP dealer and I can purchase the 3000 kit for less than what just strut assemblies and shocks would cost.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Also we are a FRPP dealer and I can purchase the 3000 kit for less than what just strut assemblies and shocks would cost.
Then just get the M-18000-ZX3B kit from your dealer and be done with it. Its a direct fit for your 2007. I want to put it on my 2011 SES but have read that another change in 2009 on the Focus suspension makes it not recommended on the 09-11 Focus cars. But I have seen reviews on Summit Racing of some 2011 owners that have put this kit on with no issues. I will talk about the fit with my FRPP parts guy tomorrow.

https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.com/chassis-parts/shocks-adj-suspension/06-focus-damper-kit-m-18000-zx3b/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw4H5waLl2QIVjVuGCh0idAolEAQYAiABEgIv7PD_BwE

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’d rather have an assembled strut assembly and the .5” drop the springs in the kit provide are a plus.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Then just get the M-18000-ZX3B kit from your dealer and be done with it. Its a direct fit for your 2007. I want to put it on my 2011 SES but have read that another change in 2009 on the Focus suspension makes it not recommended on the 09-11 Focus cars. But I have seen reviews on Summit Racing of some 2011 owners that have put this kit on with no issues. I will talk about the fit with my FRPP parts guy tomorrow.[/url]
I do have this kit on my 2011 SES and it's fine. It has essentially the same spring rates as the SVT with a more aggressive drop. Shocks are tuned the same as SVT as well so the overall ride quality and performance are very similar.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I do have this kit on my 2011 SES and it's fine. It has essentially the same spring rates as the SVT with a more aggressive drop. Shocks are tuned the same as SVT as well so the overall ride quality and performance are very similar.
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I will go this route with my SES. Thanks.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I’d rather have an assembled strut assembly and the .5” drop the springs in the kit provide are a plus.
I can understand that. I had the M-3000-ZX3A kit on my 2002 ZX5 with the Euro SVT 17 inch wheels for years and really liked the way it performed.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I will go this route with my SES. Thanks.
It's worth noting that the FRPP springs that are designed to go with the strut kit are no longer made/available. You can, however, use those struts with any 08-11 style spring but you must use 08-11 strut mounting hardware as the tops of the 08-11 springs are a narrower diameter than the 06-07.

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's worth noting that the FRPP springs that are designed to go with the strut kit are no longer made/available. You can, however, use those struts with any 08-11 style spring but you must use 08-11 strut mounting hardware as the tops of the 08-11 springs are a narrower diameter than the 06-07.
Yes thanks. Are you referring to the Ford racing M-5560 springs? I do have to get the strut mounting hardware too. Whose mounts did you use. I was thinking Motorcraft or Moog.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Yes thanks. Are you referring to the Ford racing M-5560 springs? I do have to get the strut mounting hardware too. Whose mounts did you use. I was thinking Motorcraft or Moog.
Either or.....whatever is easier to get.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Yeah, unless some of those springs surface from hiding, I remember the sales on them when Ford sold off their stock.

Aftermarket moved them out fast.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Either or.....whatever is easier to get.
Have always liked Moog suspension parts but I can get the stock mounts from my Ford parts guy for $17.49ea. and the Moog part from Rock Auto for $26.79ea. I don't care that much about the cost but want to get the best part for the application. I don't know who makes the Motorcraft part but my 2011 SES at 150K miles still has the stock ones in and never had a problem with them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts