Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, so is there really any benefit to doing this because I'm in the process of making alot of mods to this thing since I'm getting another car as it is, my next question is my dog bone mount I have one it is a motor craft mount, but it's got alot of play in it that I can feel in the car. So let's say I turn my car on and I'm waiting for it to warm up a hit I can feel the engine kick back and forth a little bit as its warning up and trying to figure out what it wants to do. Hiw do I totally eliminate that kick back I'm getting with out turning my car into a viberating chair

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or is this kick back just simply how that mount is supposed to work because aside from being in park and warming up I dont feel it when driving or after its parked when warm

·
w/ my magic bag
29,328 Posts
Okay, so is there really any benefit to doing this because I'm in the process of making alot of mods to this thing since I'm getting another car as it is, my next question is my dog bone mount I have one it is a motor craft mount, but it's got alot of play in it that I can feel in the car. So let's say I turn my car on and I'm waiting for it to warm up a hit I can feel the engine kick back and forth a little bit as its warning up and trying to figure out what it wants to do. Hiw do I totally eliminate that kick back I'm getting with out turning my car into a viberating chair
So whats the story w/ getting another car? & whats the story w/ the focus? Can't you just drive it? Unless your stepping up to a better performance platform to begin with.....Not a cost effective idea........

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This focus was a fleet car an iv had to replace more then my fair share of crap on it an as you know already its giving me more an more problems as we go so I'm just gonna drive it till tax time an wipe my hands clean of it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the way It surges on these cold days theres no way its gonna hold up through winter. It hunts for an idle bad an iv tried everything new throttle body valve cover gasket plugs coils maf sensor. And I feel like every time I turn around something else is wrong or it's doing something wrong. Like now that's its cold out side when it's warming up it drops its idle down really low an then surges then back to normal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your gas mileage gonna be trash cuz i cut the muffler , and both resonators , but down the road you should just get some piping and weld it on there cuz thats what i did and the car sounds great and runs fine . if you want to make it louder than try getting rid of the cats or get some high flow cats

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your gas mileage gonna be trash cuz i cut the muffler , and both resonators , but down the road you should just get some piping and weld it on there cuz thats what i did and the car sounds great and runs fine . if you want to make it louder than try getting rid of the cats or get some high flow cats
any idea where the cooling fan relays are in my junction box are

1 - 12 of 12 Posts