Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the lunchbox delete done. What a waste of money. dosen't sound any different.
I removed the lunchbox bent up 2 1/8 pipe and replaced it then put an angle cut on it to look better. Well it still sound the same. WTF.
Next to straight pipe the muffler or secondary cat.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
yeah i see people say it makes a huge difference but in reality it is still a restricted exhaust. aside from the rear muffler"lunchbox" , there is another bigger muffler toward the front and also a large resonator not to mention a mani cat and a secondary cat. i had the rear lunchbox removed and replaced with a flowmaster and had them put a straight pipe in the place of the front muffler too at the same time. needless to say i went back the next day and had them put a straight pipe in the place of the resonator. so as of right now my exhaust has manicat, secondary cat, then flowmaster. its a mild loud but not overwhelming loud. i have a fswerks header and fswerks flexpipe on its way in the mail right now(= to replace my mani cat and the flexpipe to replace my secondary cat(= should free up quite a few ponies. ive seen someone dyno before and after just adding the header and they gained 16whp(= so between the header and flexpipe it cant get much more free flowing

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking of straight piping the muffler next. or even the secondary cat.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a welder and flexpipe's are cheap.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well wife won't want a header. but mabey I'll just start straight piping it. Just want some sound. not loudest car on planet

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
well in that case you should straight pipe the resonator or both mufflers or the 3. you dont want to just do the 2nd cat first as it for one will not pass inspection without both cats, and 2 may throw a code. plus its probably not going to give as much sound as the others

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2nd cat has no post sensor so it won't throw a code so that means that it will pass inspection here.
I will do muffler next.

·
фанатик
5,056 Posts
X2, on the no CEL. OBD2 emissions testing does not get a visual inspection. (Not in PA, anyway.)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's right OBDII Plug and Play Baby

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Straight pipe that mother from the flex back, and your choice of performance muffler. Then you would have just about the same set up as most exhaust kits.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll probally skip the muffler. I'm using the front cat and a resonator instead of a muffler on my zx2 and it sound nice. Not looking for performance just sound here it's for the wife.
Groceries don't need to go fast. Just get home before the ice cream melts.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I have the FSWerks Race exhaust on my 08, with the stock manifold. It is pretty loud. I couldnt imagine it with the header. The only sounds reducing on my car now if the cat, the "muffler" on the FSWerks Austen doesn't do to much. It is about just as loud as running stock open header/manifold haha.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Yes you are correct, But in many states now it is considered "Illegal" if you modify anything from and including the cat up. The nice county judge clarified for me that if the vehicle has two cats then the second one is also included in this rule as they count it from the furthermost cat in the exhaust system. But once again it all comes down to the shop you take it to to have it inspected(=

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Straight pipe that mother from the flex back, and your choice of performance muffler. Then you would have just about the same set up as most exhaust kits.
Posted via FF Mobile
exactly what i did(= but i want more performance so im installing the fswerks header and fswerks flexpipe this week! i hope its not too loud

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya but every one is too laze or don't even know there was a cat there.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Thats why I like my 08. Only one cat on the stock mani haha.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Thats why I like my 08. Only one cat on the stock mani haha.
Thats what i thought too Hutch but you also have 2, there is the one one in the manicat but then there is the second one on your "flexpipe" i thought there was only one too till i actually viewed a illustration from ford showing both

1 - 20 of 38 Posts