Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
July of this year I've brought an Luk Clutch kit 07-175 for my 2004 SVT. I've finally had time this month to put the clutch on but, I've run into a problem. The bolt on pattern does not even out like my old dual mass flywheel. Two of the six bolt holes does not match up. I want to know if anyone that brought this clutch kit had this issue. This is very frustrating... These are pics of my problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
did you purchase it from hitepartsexchange? if so contact them and let them know your problem. they were very helpful when i bought mine. i didnt install mine so i cant help you with an answer sorry.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Keep rotating the flywheel till the holes line up. They only match up one way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep rotating the flywheel till the holes line up. They only match up one way.
I tried tried it, but it didn't work. The 12lbs fidanza flywheel that I removed fitted perfectly just like my old dual mass flywheel. So, think that this one should fit the same way. [:(]

·
Registered
333 Posts
I tried tried it, but it didn't work. The 12lbs fidanza flywheel that I removed fitted perfectly just like my old dual mass flywheel. So, think that this one should fit the same way. [:(]
Wow, dunno what to tell you then. It must be drilled wrong I guess.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They only match up one way.
You were right, I guess I was very impatient and at the time it was getting dark and I was tired. I just want to say thank you Power Surge and I want to thank everyone that tried to assist in helping me figure out the problem.[thankyou]

·
Registered
333 Posts
You were right, I guess I was very impatient and at the time it was getting dark and I was tired. I just want to say thank you Power Surge and I want to thank everyone that tried to assist in helping me figure out the problem.[thankyou]
I'd be lying if I didn't say it hadn't happened to me in the past [cheers] .

·
Registered
727 Posts
Was the clutch install a hard one? I am going to have to do it soon. Any special tips or techniques that made it easier?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Does it drive like stock?? Does the flywheel weight as much as the dual mass??
Does the kit come with a release bearing?? These are really priced right..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Was the clutch install a hard one? I am going to have to do it soon. Any special tips or techniques that made it easier?
No, but removing all the car parts to get to the clutch is a little difficult especially if it is your first time doing it but I had some help. To answer your second question, just make sure that you have a ford focus repair manual (Chilton: Ford Focus 2000-05), good tools, help and alot, alot of patience.[cool]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Does it drive like stock?? Does the flywheel weight as much as the dual mass??
Does the kit come with a release bearing?? These are really priced right..
I haven't drove it yet because my car is still on jack stands, but I have read that it is a little better. Actually it is a dual mass flywheel that comes with the kit and I think that it weighs the same. I went back to stock from after market, because the clutch kit that I got from Clutch Masters (stage 4) only lasted on 5,000 miles before the clutch wore down to 30% of the clutch left. Plus, I can't afford almost a 900.00 for a Clutch Masters or Spec Clutch especially, when your on a spending budget. I brought the Luk clutch kit from http://www.hitepartsexchange.com/ which is a reasonable price. The retail price of the kit is around 820.00. I saw it on my receipt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts