Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to make a risky purchase and bought a cheap clutch kit on eBay for my focus SVT. Instead of that brand, I received a luk brand kit. How can I tell if it even fits my car?

Attachments

w/ my magic bag
Looks like a oem d/m svt clutch to me...Luk is the oem clutch for the svt, which I'd run in a svt vs the cheap clutch.....

w/ my magic bag
The zetec doesn't use a d/m clutch thanx to the Getrag 285 trans & yea I'd use it.....

Thats What She Said
You need new bolts for the flywheel though right?

Also if its still the OEM clutch when you repalce it the new one will be bigger due to a TSB that was issued after the assembly of all the SVT Foci that the clutch needs to be larger.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I totally need new flywheel bolts haha. I am running stock clutch with 220k miles. T/o makes lovely crunch sounds when you touch the clutch pedal. The clutch is so worn out that it lost slippage. It has essentially turned into an on/off switch that is anything but smooth.

Thats What She Said
^^^ I need to do this on my SVT some time this year or next. I am 145K on origional clutch also and with my driving style am likely not doing anything to extend its life.

w/ my magic bag
^^^ I need to do this on my SVT some time this year or next. I am 145K on origional clutch also and with my driving style am likely not doing anything to extend its life.
Might want to find out where the OP bought his clutch from....

Thats What She Said
Dont want to risk getting the crappy brand. Need to hold out for another Amazon mistake, a few people got the Luk clutch kit for like $15 on Amazon before the mistake was corrected.

Registered
I wish the luk kit would show up for that cheap again. My flywheel and or clutch sounds horrible rattling really bad when I let off the clutch.

Registered
Mccreekmore I am far from an expert but I know light weight flywheels can make a lot of chatter which can be normal.

w/ my magic bag
Dont want to risk getting the crappy brand. Need to hold out for another Amazon mistake, a few people got the Luk clutch kit for like $15 on Amazon before the mistake was corrected.
$15 svt Luk clutch kit.....I'll take a dozen.

w/ my magic bag
Mine chatters like hell at idle with the clutch out. I hate it, wish there was a way to stop it
Replace the throw bearing....IDK how many miles you have, but if it grabs & doesn't slip, deal w/ the rattling or think about buying a clutch kit w/ a throw bearing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts