Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking for a set of rims for my wifes SVT. I Know the Lug Pattern is 4 x 108, But Ihave heard that 4 x 4.5" or the 4x114.3 will fit as well if anyone knows please help the choice is limited on the style she wants something like the ADR RYDOX or MOMO CORSE any way thanks if anyone can help

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
4x108 is the proper lug pattern, I wouldn't go with anything but that........... think safety.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Well you can always get them custom drilled, there's a couple members that have done that in the past but getting it done correctly is something you want to do. It's a rare thing, there's tons of choices out there in 4X108.

What are you exactly looking for?

·
Registered
64 Posts
so other sizes WILL fit?? what do you mean in terms of safety??

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
The car is designed for 4x108 lug pattern, that is the ONLY SIZE you should use, the others won't fit properly and thus, you won't be able to get the nuts on properly, thus you'll probably kill yourself.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Only use the 4x108 pattern, thats what it was made for, use it. Anyway, as long as you (or your wife) doesnt get too attached to one particular wheel, you can usually find one of a similar style that fits the 4x108. It may be a cheaper built wheel, but as long as you don't go curb stompin' there shouldn't be a problem. Unless you want performance, but thats another toipic all together. Just take your time when searching, there's hundreds of sites, youre bound to find something. The internet is a beautiful thing.

Sorry for the run-on sentences.

·
Registered
705 Posts
When I search this is what I find for the ADR's. As for the MOMO's, it looks like that is the name of a steering wheel they make. Maybe you just typed the wrong name.

After doing a really quick search I found these that look similar with the focus bolt patten (or so it said)

for reference they are TSW Kyalami 17x7 Hyper balck with what looks to be a polished lip (mmm, I love the polished lip on dark wheels[^] . Oh sorry about that)[:I]

But due to the offset, you probably dont want these. They have an offset of either 25 or 35. On a focus, this will most likely cause rubbing, nearly guarenteed on a lowered car.

·
Registered
348 Posts
4x108 = 4x4.25

If you see a "Four on Four and a Quarter" bolt pattern rim it will fit your focus, some SVT focus rims are sold as 4x4.25 rims in the Ford Racing Catalog... not sure why they would alternate like that though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
she wants 17" with a big machined/polished lip, rim color black or gunmetal that look tuner/technical and she has the cd silver color

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
polar said:
4x108 = 4x4.25

If you see a "Four on Four and a Quarter" bolt pattern rim it will fit your focus, some SVT focus rims are sold as 4x4.25 rims in the Ford Racing Catalog... not sure why they would alternate like that though.

1 inch = 25.4mm

so therefore, 4.25 inches = 107.95mm (108)

they just list it in inches for our archaic American measuring system...lol

·
Registered
348 Posts
Scott_SVT said:
1 inch = 25.4mm

so therefore, 4.25 inches = 107.95mm (108)

they just list it in inches for our archaic American measuring system...lol
I know, but I have seen wheel sellers say that a 4x4.25 won't fit a Focus! I just wanted to let him know that they are one and the same.

Hell they wouldn't sell me my SVT rims until I broke out the ruler and showed them that 4.25 is equal the 108mm... I couldn't believe it, it was at a Ford dealer too. He kept telling me they wouldn't fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts