Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to rotate my tires and found that the tire shop I bought them from over tightened the lug nuts. They're the crap stock lug nuts that get rounded if you look at them wrong. I got them off with a breaker bar but not without chewing most of them up to the point of uselessness. So I went down to O'reilly and bought a new set. On first inspection they looked identical, but when I tried to install them I found that they aren't.

The stock nut is on the right, the new nuts look like the one on the left. They hold the wheel just fine, but the flange part is not a large enough diameter to secure the hubcaps. No shop in my area carries lug nuts that match the stock part, so it looks like going to have to try ordering replacements online. Anyone know where I can find quality lug nuts matching the stock part? Amazon appears to have some options, but I'm not familiar enough with the brands to judge whether or not they're cheap junk.

·
Registered
16,203 Posts
Those likely won't work if the lug has to hold a hubcap of some sort. Best bet is to go online and peruse the Dorman/Motormite parts catalog, if you don't find it in the lugnuts section then it may well not exist. You'll need to go to say O'Reilly site and plug in the car model to get thread pitch and size to make any sense of the Dorman book.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts