Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need new lug nuts. Suggestions? Do you think black lug nuts would work with this wheel?

It's a 2014 Focus, wheels = 17" black-painted machined aluminum. Was part of the SE Black Appearance Package, though in this case it was a separate option (I think it was a $500 option over steel wheels, I bought the car used).

Feel free to provide a link to wherever. I'll be buying in the next couple of days.

My car was just at the mechanic for front pads / rotors, he was complaining about how hard they were to take off. As a side note, I've had two mechanics replace front rotors and pads on my two Focuses (I have a '12 and a '14) in the past month. Mechanic #1 charged $280, Mechanic #2 charged $330, but he "cleaned the calipers". Anyway, if you need new front pads and rotors, that's the going price. Two different mechanics because the '12 is 100 miles away with my son at college.

And the lug nut class action lawsuit was thrown out maybe a year ago, so no free replacements.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
My son got one of these from Amazon. Looks like you have two choices.

Be sure to check the sizes offered as a match for your Focus.

https://www.amazon.com/DPAccessories-LCB3B6HC-CH04024-Chrome-12x1-5-Closed/dp/B00JNEBAVW/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=DPAccessories+12x1.5+Bulge&qid=1571248037&s=automotive&sr=1-2

https://www.amazon.com/DPAccessories-D3116-HT-2305-24-Chrome-12x1-5/dp/B00H1IBLK2/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=DPAccessories+12x1.5+Bulge&qid=1571248135&s=automotive&sr=1-1

I have the McGard brand on my Focus and am very happy with them. But they are almost twice the price of the DPAccessories version which my son is also pleased with.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Gorilla, mcgard are good but pricer, I have open ended tuner style lugs from Muteki, they are really good, take a lot of abuse and never loosen

·
Registered
58 Posts
I need new lug nuts. Suggestions? Do you think black lug nuts would work with this wheel?

It's a 2014 Focus, wheels = 17" black-painted machined aluminum. Was part of the SE Black Appearance Package, though in this case it was a separate option (I think it was a $500 option over steel wheels, I bought the car used).

Feel free to provide a link to wherever. I'll be buying in the next couple of days.

My car was just at the mechanic for front pads / rotors, he was complaining about how hard they were to take off. As a side note, I've had two mechanics replace front rotors and pads on my two Focuses (I have a '12 and a '14) in the past month. Mechanic #1 charged $280, Mechanic #2 charged $330, but he "cleaned the calipers". Anyway, if you need new front pads and rotors, that's the going price. Two different mechanics because the '12 is 100 miles away with my son at college.

And the lug nut class action lawsuit was thrown out maybe a year ago, so no free replacements.
Try DP Accessories for lug nuts, I changed mine on a 2012 SEL Hatchback and have never been happier, don't know if they have it in black.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts