Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this product? Is it a good idea/investment? Or is it for the most part a waist of money if I run Mobil 1 synthetic can it offer much better protection?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
yeah don't use it in a new car. ford warranty strictly forbids using any oil additives.

and if you are gonna pay 7 dollars for it, why don't use just use a botique oil like royal purple or amsoil

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
I used it with great success on my older vehicles that had over 150k miles. It's good stuff in the right situation. The synthetic version is thinner, but is twice as expensive.

I don't think it's a good idea for the Focus because of the extremely tight- like race motor- journal clearances. From what another FF told me, there have been late model Fords coming in with worn out cam bearings due to using thicker than recommended oils. I like using thicker oils for increased compression, better ring seal- etc. With the Focus though, stick to the recommended weight or thinner.

Amsoil, Royal Purple, Torco, SynLube, and others make exceptional synthetic oils. If you prefer using off the shelf oils, I'd go with a Havoline over the Mobil Synthetic because it scored better in the tests that I read on the Amsoil website. It's the closest to Amsoil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts