Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a lsd for my 05 duratec, and was wondering what kinds there are, prices, brands, and where to get them.

any and all help will be appreciated.

THanks
Jon
[thumb]

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Torsen and Quaife are the only 2 brands I think that are out.. look for them, they are the same as the Zetec, since they both use the MTX-75 transmission.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
There is also the very hard to find clutch-based Kaaz, but best stick to the above two. Right now, Torsen has the edge in price.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yah i think that is next. i want a header and a tune but a lsd is first

·
Registered
180 Posts
sorry im a noob what is a lsd?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Zx3_Chris said:
sorry im a noob what is a lsd?
Main Entry:LSD
Pronunciation:*el-(*)es-*d*
Function:noun
Etymology:German Lysergs*ure-Di*thylamid lysergic acid diethylamide
Date:1950

: an organic compound C20H25N3O that induces psychotic symptoms similar to those of schizophrenia — called also lysergic acid diethylamide

Bad stuff dude.

Oh! Wait a moment! Never mind...

Limited slip differential.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
lol really? i thought lysergic acid dythylamide would clean my engine or something! you know, add +25 hp along with the engine oil bypass? i thought it would go great with my lightweight tint...

·
Registered
259 Posts
So any pictures or info on how to install an LSD yourself??

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
Egz said:
Right now, Torsen has the edge in price.
yeah but come on how can you pass up the provocativly named quaife? thats what i have.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just installed the quaife LSD on my 2.3 about a month ago and let me tell you it's one of the best investments I've made for for the car. Kinda hard to desribe how it feels except to say you can push a corner at full acceleration and it just feels right. Also just a warning I was tring to replace the clutch and that bull shit dual mass flywheel with the cosworth package but for some reason their having an engineering issue with this batch. They were very helpful and even let me try another one of their clutch,pressure plate,and flywheel,but with the same slip issue. I ended up with the stock shit again after pulling the tranny six times,but at least the LSD was a success. Cosworth is in the process to figure out what the issue is,and just a side note getting that tranny out and installing the LSD is not a job to be done at the house on a weekend. You need serious tools and some serious knowledge to get this done right, but it is so worth it. Hit me up if a I can be of any more help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good eye but the final drive I decided not to change for now and I'm still waiting for someone to make a good clutch,pressure plate,and flywheel.If you know of any for the 2.3 I'd love to know because I hate that dual mass flywheel.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
i thought there was a way to use the clutch and flywheel that is used in the older zetec cars since its still the mtx75 tranny.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Total different set up as far as I the flywheel I'm sure the clutch disc would line up with trans input shaft since they have same trans but as far as mounting height and actual clutch postion on flywheel I'm not sure.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
scorpio1118_2000 said:
while your at it you might as wel do the flywheel, the final drive gears as well so that you dont have to take the car apart again (just my 2 cents)[:D]
That is the best combo. When I had my Quaife installed, I had them install a set of 3.82 gears as well. Those gears really woke the car up. The 3.41 gears that the 2003-2004 came with are just too small.

Regarding a good clutch/fly combo, I'm going with a Spec flywheel and a Clutch Masters organic clutch. The pressure plate is designed to work correctly in the Focus, and won't go over-center when you go past 7100 RPM, allowing you to shift past that, unlike other kits on the market.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I personally bought a Torsen...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts