Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a built motor in my zx2, and the motor keeps snapping the spider gear in the diff. i have replaced it 4 times. and im sick of it. i want to put a lsd in the tranny that i have, but i dont know anything about trannys and what their called and i need to know what i need to pull this off? any comments and suggestions.. PLEASE HELP![rant]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unless you have a 302 or something in your Focus, you don't have a differential or spider gears. I'm assuming that lsd refers to a limited slip differential, which is the drive axle in the rear of a rear wheel drive car. Focuses are front wheel drives with 2 CV axles going to the front wheels. If your engine has that much power that it's damaging your tranny, then you need to get a racing tranny shop to beef it up, or check into whether an 89 to 91 SHO five speed can be adapted to your engine. It will easily handle your engine and it's like a posi rear end, both wheels bite when you put your foot in it. Most front wheel drive cars transfer the power back and forth between the wheels, that's why when you get stuck, one wheel turns and the other doesn't. You could probably plow snow with an SHO.

·
Registered
465 Posts
as far as i kno the ZX2 has the same MTX as a focus and the motors r almost identical! what u neer to do is remove the trans, remove the bell housing(where clutch is located) from trans! u should see the diff! ,remove/ replace!(i make it sound really easy but that is the short of it!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts