Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Logan im from Harrisburg, PA and ive been lurking on here for a while. I just recently purchased an 07 zx3 5mt and am now ready to join the masses on the forum lol. As of now my only plans are to pay it off as quickly as possible and then begin the fun. Im still doing lots of research as to what i can, should, and shouldn't do. Appearance wise im content with it and wouldnt mind an SAP front and sides or just making a lip for it. Suspension wise ive been doing alot of research into bagging it as I do like to keep things low (hint the name). Performance wise will probably be bolt ons until i have a need or desire to swap motors to something for potent.

well enough of me talking, ill post up a pic of my last ride which left me stranded and led to me buying this first and then the Focus.

what started me into modding and led me to the focus lol

The Focus:

let me know what you think, get to know me, leave me advice/criticism im all ears for learning as much as i can.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Welcome man! Get your self an SAP front with an euro rear bumper! And for power mods just save up for a turbo kit.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome man! Get your self an SAP front with an euro rear bumper! And for power mods just save up for a turbo kit.

Sent from my PC36100 using FF Mobile
ya im really leaning towards SAP but that will all happen after its payed off, i dont want any debt while i build it. and noob question but how can i tell which motor i have in my car? zetec/duratec 2.0/2.3?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
ya im really leaning towards SAP but that will all happen after its payed off, i dont want any debt while i build it. and noob question but how can i tell which motor i have in my car? zetec/duratec 2.0/2.3?
Dude! where did you find my car?

yup thats the messy 2.0L Duratec, just like what i have.

Yours looks alot better from the start then mine. If mine looked like that from the start i would of just tinted the windows and drove it like that for a while longer.

mine started like this

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol thanks, its was a single owner (female) with 40k on it when i picked it up. grey and black leather interior and cant complain about anything yet. deff enjoyable and nice to not have to worry about your car breaking down lol.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
lol thanks, its was a single owner (female) with 40k on it when i picked it up. grey and black leather interior and cant complain about anything yet. deff enjoyable and nice to not have to worry about your car breaking down lol.
Mine was about 43K but no leather you got lucky with that one too.

Mine is still the SE like yours but you have all the good stuff added to yours i wish mine had. Leather, the wing i like and alloy wheels right from the start.

I found some alloy at a junk yard and put snow tires on them for winter.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya i really like the wing and i like the leather but its so dam hot right now with it. and ive been looking for wheels too but cant anything i like in 4x108 =/

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
welcome to the forums. Well for mods, there are plenty to do. My sig has almost everything you can do before a turbo. If you dont plan on going turbo anytime soon just take a visit to FSWERKS or CFM and shop around.

Wheels, have you tried looking up Foxbody mustangs? they have 4x108 pattern.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Congrats, great color, and leather too!! When you need to replace your shocks/struts, get springs too. I suggest you read these threads: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61959 and http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224303.
Your zx3 will look and feel better with a lower stance. I have the SVT kit on my 05 ST, and for a dd, it is a great compromise imo, between comfort and handling. You will also benefit from SVT sway bars front and rear. Enjoy your Focus.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats, great color, and leather too!! When you need to replace your shocks/struts, get springs too. I suggest you read these threads: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61959 and http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224303.
Your zx3 will look and feel better with a lower stance. I have the SVT kit on my 05 ST, and for a dd, it is a great compromise imo, between comfort and handling. You will also benefit from SVT sway bars front and rear. Enjoy your Focus.
alright thanks a bunch, ya the ride is a little stiff but if im not gonna go straight to bags ill probably look into svt replacements

·
Registered
945 Posts
Looks good :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts