Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just had Eibach Sportlines installed and I noticed that when turning and going over a bump at the same time there tends to be some rubbing from the rear tires. I got under the car and there seems to be plenty of clearance.... any ideas on whats going on?

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
what wheel/tire combo do you have? i have sport lines in the rear with coils cut off, im tucking 195/60/15 and have no rub in the back

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Great question^^^^ Tire's, wheel width, & off set make a difference. What strut's, shock's do you have? Hopefuly it a set that will work w/ 2'' lower spring's, or your going to have problem's w/ blown out strut's/shock's later down the road. I'm running the Sportline System= spring's & Damper's matched up for another, or another kit is H&R's Sport Cup kit.

·
Focalize!!!
3,892 Posts
I have the 215 45 17s under my sportlines and dont have any problems hmmm so no fender rub at all, might need to barely pull those fenders out

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Roll the fenders a bit. I"ll bet thats it. I had to roll them on my wagon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
they are svt dampers i believe but you gotta think svt are only a 0.75 inch drop from stock so u put another 1.25 on those! how many miles they got on em?

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
^^ That picture perfectly describes what fender rolling is, good job. In case there is still any doubt... (written instructions are from a Civic forum)

To the OP: If you don't know your offset, do you at least know what kind of wheels you have? Chances are that rolling your fenders will end up fixing the issue, for now. SVT dampers may be a little stiffer than regular factory, but be ready to upgrade those once they blow after sitting on something as low as Sportlines.

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
I bet he's rubbing on the tabs more so than anything else.

At 7.5" wide and anything 40mm or higher he should be fine with 205/45s even with sportlines. If it were his fenders that needed a good roll he probably would be rubbing in the front more than the back on those hard turns.

Before spending money renting a fender roller (please don't do this with a PVC pipe, haha) or having somebody do it for you reach under the fender an bend up the lips with your hands, you might need to work at it a little bit but I'm pretty sure this will solve most of your problems.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
The pvc pipe is kinda sketchy(well it did come from a honda forum I always thought they used chopsticks anyways[scratch]lol). Like nick said about the tabs and the easiest thing is to actually jack up the car take the wheel off and inspect for rubbing. If u find a clean spot massage it a little. Try and try it again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts