Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does eibach make lowering springs for the '05-'06 focus yet? cuz thye changed the whole suspension in the front...like the struts are different and springs...thye struts are a lot wider than the older versions.. :\

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
i know they make them for the '05, cause i just ordered a set, but the '06 set up is different than the 05.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i think they came out with ones for the '06 also....

wrong section btw

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Yes there is a pro kit available for the 06.

Here is the part #

The kit includes the springs and dampers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Coil springs are the same for all of the foci ; all eccept wagon from 2000-2006 . I am a parts manager at a ford dealer and went through the same trouble trying to find a set for mine. I ordered a set listed for 2000-2004 and they went on without a hitch. You realy need to get a good drop (2.5"-3") cause my springs are 2" and it still sits like an escape, handles better though. [:)]

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah they changed something about the 06 model year, i think somebody said something about the spring perch changed if memory serves correct

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the struts are actually bigger in diameter...they changed some stuff..i have lowering springs on my car now (pro kit from eibach), but i had to kinda modify the strut to get the spring to sit..because the stock coil spring goes from BIG to really small near the bottom where it touches the base of the strut for the spring to sit on..i would have stayed, but i just put a little lip on it for insurance purposes... (been that way for 4 months now.. no problems) the back suspension is the same though...

focusin..btw, how much for that setup? thye make the sportline springs with that same thing? springs and dampers?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've got an 06 ZX3 as well...and at some point I might consider dropping it, should I expect a noticable decline in ride quality?

I dropped my 05 F150 2/5 and it suffered some, although I think the 22s and 40 series tires contributed to that effect.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
NIR Panther Jedi said:
focusin..btw, how much for that setup? thye make the sportline springs with that same thing? springs and dampers?
I was told 300.00 and some change for the springs alone, that was from Wayne and 500.00 for the whole prokit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry about that, they are different. They are actually different from right to left. Good luck getting some springs, I hope it turns out for you. But remember "GO LOW"[:D]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does lowering a car with only the springs wear tires badly on the inside, and if so, what could I do to fix that, I want to lower my car, but it's brand new and i don't want to mess anything up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You drive a focus so the tires are going to wear fast even if you dont lower it, but i think as long as you get somebody you trust to do the alignment and they put every thing right it should be ok. Ive put 20k on mine since i lowered it and no odd tire wear as of yet.[:D]

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks forcus for the input, i just wasnt sure if caster/camber angles would be different or if only one side of the tires would wear before the other. thanks though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts