Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a price from a shop in the local area. #358 + tax. to put a lowering springs in The product is eibach and the car will be 2 inches lower. is this a good price. Does not include re-alignment.[}:)] [?|]

·
Registered
975 Posts
its real easy man get a friend with power tool and it takes hour and a half.. thats long it took to get all 4 wheels off and switch all four springs to teins.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I think $358 is too much.

Heck, the shop I go to installed springs, dampners, camber plates and rear upper control arms for $195. Granted, I get preferred treatment on pricing from my installer, but I stiil think $358 is too much.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought that it was alittle much myself, I'll check around. Is 2 inches on an svt with stock rims and stock tire size to much though

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Is 2 inches on an svt with stock rims and stock tire size to much though.
Subtract 1/2" to 3/4" from that number, as the stock SVT suspension is already that much lower.
More often than not, drop numbers listed for springs are for the standard model fOCUS unless otherwise noted.

Stock rims and tire size should work just fine.
It's when you get into lower offset aftermarket wheels, that rubbing problems start to show up.

·
Registered
299 Posts
sounds good to me!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I'll go sportline. So 2 inches is good. Svt is .5 lower than regular zx-3. Check.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check means I understand. Just real concerned about 2 inches.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Stock wheels and tires should be fine, i mean there shouldnt be any rubbing as someone mentioned earlier. But you should do it yourself and use that $350+ on other mods. You'll know your car better and there will be a feeling of accomplishment like no other. Just make sure it gets an alignment at much drop. Good luck in what you decide.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Put em in yourself..............I have the sportlines 2" or 2.5 whatever it is. I love em its perfect. There's no wheel well at all on a stock zx3. Only thing is that they're stiff springs. Personally I like them that way. But yea save the money and do it urself I did it with just hand tools and one lift. Its a good way to learn, after u do it and step back and think bout what u did ull realize it wasn't that hard just takes a while the fronts the harder but still not bad backs a joke

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can they really be done with just regular hand tools. I'm up for the challange

·
Registered
174 Posts
YES, you can do it yourself! I just did it a couple of weeks ago. The backs are not setup as coil-over, so all you have to do is lower the control arm after unbolting the bottom of the shock and pull the spring out with your hand. The fronts are a little tougher, but by no means impossible. A spring compressor would be handy. I was skeptical at first, but I was able to do it. GOOD LUCK!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts