Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to ordered some springs and give my stock focus a little drop. I know a coil set is obviously way better but for the money are lowering springs okay? If I get aftermarket shocks will that help? A buddy keeps telling me lowering springs and stock shocks won't be good. Just curious! Let me know thanks!

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
You can just add lowering springs but struts and shocks better. Also don't forget you will need a good wheel alignment guy.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
depends on what coils. also yes. spring/dampers are more than fine. what springs did you get?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Yea, go for the sportline springs & dampers. Great for a DD.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'm sure they're a great spring, but how'd they compare to eibach?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
If the op said he was looking for a autox/road racing, I'd say go w/ h&r's.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
LOL and down the rabbit hole we go. haha at one point bruce we got to agree to disagree. XD

eibach is over all stiffer all the time which is great for hooning and spirited driving as well as entry level autox and stuff. however i still think that vogtlands progressive springs for straight line driving make it a tad more comfortable for DD yet its "progressive" is a rather quick progressive that will meet eibachs spring rates fast.

its all taste.

i'd say H&R for more or less serious motorsport. yet i cant say ive been on H&R's enough to make a rational decision on a final thought.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Most of the ride is in the rear suspension w/ the control blade setup & the rear coils are progressive on the eibachs.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
youre over my head now, care to edumacate me?
Basicly the rear end of the focus rides/controls the bump/rebound better then the strut style. Same as the fox body, most of the ride is in the rear vs the front.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
There is a lot of write ups on how the control blade suspension came about & how it works.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'm sure you've seen a lowered Honda porpoising down the hi-way before, thats cause by the spring rates being very similar, front & rear.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Haha I'll have to google about it.

I've done the same with cams, but I forgot most of what I learned.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts