Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to lower my 05 Focus ZX3 and was whondering what the biggest drop would be with 17's, without having to camber it.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
Hmm guess it could depend on what kind of 17's you have and the offset on them. Some would say a 2 inch drop would make it rub and others say it wouldn't. So probably 2.5" drop max. don't take my word for it though.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Stock offset wheels & tire size you could pull the springs & ride on the bump stops, though I wouldn't recommend it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I am looking to lower my 05 Focus ZX3 and was whondering what the biggest drop would be with 17's, without having to camber it.
H&R had a Sport cup kit= 2.6''. Eibach's sportline is 2''/2.2'' drop which works great for a DD w/ no issues,,,,

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Stock offset wheels & tire size
This is most important OP, what size tires and wheels do you plan on using? What sort of ride are you looking for? Where do you want to be on the practical to getting stuck on speed bumps spectrum?

Lowering the car will create natural camber too, if you dont want extra negative camber, you will need adjustable camber arms. Camber isnt going to hurt the car much but excessive toe will.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
W/ svt wheels?? Or same offset? No problem.

What does the 215 mean? How tall the sidewall is? I was thinking of the 205/45/17 or 215/45/17. Would the 215's ride better?

Not meaning to thread jack.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
What does the 215 mean? How tall the sidewall is? I was thinking of the 205/45/17 or 215/45/17. Would the 215's ride better?

Not meaning to thread jack.
Hey Jeff found where I'm at.....

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
215/45-17 is the stock SVT size, 205/45-17 will work as well.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Minimal difference, larger tire should be slightly softer all else the same.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
Guess it just depends what look you are going for hmm?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Only 10mm in width difference & less than that in height/diameter.

Dropping one size in width 'stretches" the tire by comparison for a little more responsiveness, less roll onto the corner of the tire when turning. That can be good for Auto-X handling.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts